cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Names not listed under Mailboxes, but appear in the Export and Usage list

Pamela_Germain
Level 3
I'm going through the server to remove user archives for people who have long since left the company. Their Exchange mailboxes have been deleted months ago, but we left their vault archives as is.

I went through and exported all of the archives to pst files. Now when I go to delete the archive, about 40% are not available in the mailboxes list. These names all appear in the usage.asp report, but for some reason they don't appear for me to delete them.

How do I go about getting the names to show up in the list so I can delete the archive?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
you didn't by chance change those to shared archives to be able to export them did you?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Are the mailboxes hidden?

Pamela_Germain
Level 3
No, the mailboxes are gone from Exchange. Only the Vault archives are left.

David_Messeng1
Level 6
So the archives don't show up in the Admin Console list but do show up in the Export wizard. you've exported the data succesfully frpom all of them and you are running EV5 SP3 but some of the archives (the problem ones?) are still EV4/unstructured?

Sorry to appear so dense I always like to get my facts straight!!

My first thought is that you might be running a version 4 installation of the VAC (Admin Console) and trying to view structured vaults. Is this possible?

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
you didn't by chance change those to shared archives to be able to export them did you?

Pamela_Germain
Level 3
"So the archives don't show up in the Admin Console list but do show up in the Export wizard."
Yes

"you've exported the data succesfully frpom all of them and you are running EV5 SP3..."
Yes

"...but some of the archives (the problem ones?) are still EV4/unstructured?"
Yes, probably, they are not in the list of archives waiting to be converted, nor do they appear in the list of archives that can be selected to convert. Right now, the only place I see them listed is in the Usage report and in the Export list. They do not appear in any convertarchive list, nor in the enable or disable list, nor in the admin console under mailboxes.

"My first thought is that you might be running a version 4 installation of the VAC (Admin Console) and trying to view structured vaults. Is this possible?"
No I do not believe so. I can see both structured and unstructured archives in the admin console. To be honest, I posted the two problems separately because I did not believe they were related, however, perhaps there is a correlation I'm not seeing. So, just to verify, how would I know what version of the console I'm using?

Pamela_Germain
Level 3
No, there were no changes made to the archives at all, which is why it is a mystery to me why some of the archives appear in the list and some do not.Message was edited by:
Pamela Germain

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
Are you able to see them under any of the other archive sections (shared, journal etc.)?

Cheers

Pamela_Germain
Level 3
Yes I can see them under shared. Quite honestly, it never occured to me to look there. Wow, and thanks, I can delete!