cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need More Expiry Report details for the end user

Chuck_Ford
Level 4

I'm looking for a solution to extend the details available to users of the Expiry Report.  I would like them to see in a table form, the names of all the attachments to any message.  If I have to export it and create a custom report, where might that data exist in EV (Index and/or SQL) and would it require API work?

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The only place in a database that would show you things like Attachments, subjects etc would be if you ran a search through Discovery Accelerator.

Individual users can get an expiry report which basically does an index query to find the items.

The type of report that you are requesting would be done through the API
The quickest way would be to use the Index API however would cost you the API license to develop
The cheapest way would be to use the ECM API and run a SQL Query that retrieves all the items that are about to expire, and then retrieving the content and getting the details of the message from there, and then build a report.

I did a proof of concept on this a few weeks ago relatively quickly, but when you are talking millions of messages set to expire, it becomes entirely unpractical (especially since i know you run a centera, retrieving all that information would create a lot of network activity and disk activity for both the centeras and the EV Server itself.)

If you have a capable programmer and the ability to buy to the API license, then the indexing API is the way to go. You could also reach out to someone like GlobaNet, GlassHouse or Vault Solutions to build you a custom app, but that would cost *a lot* considering they charge thousands upon thousands just to create a SQL Report from data that already exists and nick wade already put out an excellent tutorial for.

Maybe the best bet would be to show the value in it, you're not the only customer who has requested this, and maybe bargain a deal where they create it for you, but they will more than make their money back selling it to other customers? just a thought.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

JW makes a lot of good points. I would suggest that you submit this in the "Ideas" section as well so that it gets more exposure.