cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a process to join EV sites (2 separate directory databases now, want 1 in the end)

katimmons
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I don't seem to getting the traction here so wanted to word it a different way, maybe my explanation of what I was trying to do didn't compute.  :)

EV for Microsoft Exchange was set up by a geopartner years ago and configured as two separate EV sites (2 separate Directory Databases).  We are now attempting to reorganize Enterprise Vault into a single EV site.  I thought that Akaibu Evolve would do the trick and have since discovered it does not.   The advice received was to join these two directory databases in SQL.   I'm not sure this is the correct (and supported) answer, anybody have any insight?

Note that there will be an EV presence on East and West coast as I'm setting up FSA and SharePoint as well.   Existing email archives will not be moved.

Also, Discovery Accelerator is in the mix.

KT

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hey Karen, i never heard of joining directory databases in SQL and that sounds like bad advice to me and definitely not supported no matter how you worded your original query. you will need to move the all archives from the old EV directory to the new EV with move archive if it's a small amount or with a 3rd party migration tool from TransVault or Quadrotech if it's a larger amount of data and also depending on the data types you have. once you've established a single directory you can build out your additional sites and add new targets to archive like you mention.

View solution in original post

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Karen,

As Andy said, and even though it isn't what the customer wants to hear, there isn't a supported way to merge two Directory DB's.  You are going to have to migrate some archives rather that is with the native tools or something like Archive Shuttle.

As DA is involved it very well is likely DA Cases and Searches will need to be created on the other side.

Best,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hey Karen, i never heard of joining directory databases in SQL and that sounds like bad advice to me and definitely not supported no matter how you worded your original query. you will need to move the all archives from the old EV directory to the new EV with move archive if it's a small amount or with a 3rd party migration tool from TransVault or Quadrotech if it's a larger amount of data and also depending on the data types you have. once you've established a single directory you can build out your additional sites and add new targets to archive like you mention.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Karen,

As Andy said, and even though it isn't what the customer wants to hear, there isn't a supported way to merge two Directory DB's.  You are going to have to migrate some archives rather that is with the native tools or something like Archive Shuttle.

As DA is involved it very well is likely DA Cases and Searches will need to be created on the other side.

Best,