cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an MS exchange archiving solution

FlyMountain
   VIP   

We are backing up Exchange 2003 database and mailbox (plan to move to 2010 soon) with Symantec Netbackup 7.5 for many years. Since we get restore, search and hold request a lot. We are lately looking for an email archiving/vault solution to allow us to have a central place to hold a full copy of all emails. What is your recommdation for this propose.

We are considering about Symantec "Enterprise Vault" or  Dell "Quest recovery manager for Exchange".

Thanks in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

you've certianly come to the right place. Symantec Enterprise Vault sounds like the right solution for you. based on what i know, the quest tool is very basic and is used primarily as a restore tool to ease in the even of an Exchange restore for individual mailboxes. it does not provide 1/100 of the capabilities and value that Enterprise Vault offers.

View solution in original post

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I agree with Andrew.  The way forward is either EV, or use the Exchange 2010 Personal Archive.

It all depends on your detailed requirements, and the money you want to spend.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB

you've certianly come to the right place. Symantec Enterprise Vault sounds like the right solution for you. based on what i know, the quest tool is very basic and is used primarily as a restore tool to ease in the even of an Exchange restore for individual mailboxes. it does not provide 1/100 of the capabilities and value that Enterprise Vault offers.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I agree with Andrew.  The way forward is either EV, or use the Exchange 2010 Personal Archive.

It all depends on your detailed requirements, and the money you want to spend.

Working for cloudficient.com

AndrewB

curious to know what you ended up doing. hope we were of some help to you.