cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in migrating from Symantec Enterprise Vault to Barracuda Message Archiver

NJFernandis
Level 2

Team,

Can somebody help me with this. We are currently using SEV and our management has asked us to migrate to BMA. Can you please help with me some documents or some questionnaires or some checklist which needs to be considered for this migration ?

Any road-blocks or specific issues ?

If someone has already done it, if you can help me with a strategy it will be really helpful.

Thanks, NJF

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sorry to hear you are moving away from EV.

Pretty sure you are going to have to export your EV Archives to PST and then have those imported into BMA. 

Your primary issues will be exporting to PST, cleaning up your mailbox shortcuts, and then on the BMA side, getting them imported.

EV has built in tools to export to PST but it isn't very robust.  If you like, you can send me a PM and I can get you some info on our tool, Archive Shuttle, to help with the export process.

Regards,

Tony

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

Sorry to hear you are moving away from EV.

Pretty sure you are going to have to export your EV Archives to PST and then have those imported into BMA. 

Your primary issues will be exporting to PST, cleaning up your mailbox shortcuts, and then on the BMA side, getting them imported.

EV has built in tools to export to PST but it isn't very robust.  If you like, you can send me a PM and I can get you some info on our tool, Archive Shuttle, to help with the export process.

Regards,

Tony

NJFernandis
Level 2

Thank you so much for your response Tony. Yes I have heard everywhere Archive Shuttle is excellent tool for such migration. I have been reading a lot on it.

Can you provide me with an estimation on how much does this tool cost, even an approximate pricing will be enough.

Thanks again,

TonySterling

Sent you a PM.

Hi Tony, can i have the same indication?

we have a Customer that want to migrate to Barracuda Message archiver from sev, with archiveshuttle.

Thank you