cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to find a needle in the haystack...

Mark_Shoger
Level 4
Employee

Hi guys,

I need a SQL script that will locate a single file that may (or may not) have been archived. It would have been an email attachment.

My SQL-fu isn't that strong, can someone give me a hand? It's fairly pressing...

Thanks in advance,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Only place that would contain the filenames in SQL would be via a Discovery Accelerator search in the customer database Other than that, the only place is the index, so either search all vaults using search.asp?advanced and use the file name and extension or write something against the API And even if you did find it, you need to delete it via EV, which means the DVS/DVSSP and cab locations are worthless, you shouldn't just delete it off of the file system
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I am not sure how sql could help you. 

Wouldn't it be better to just search for the item in either the WebApp search or DA?

Mark_Shoger
Level 4
Employee

That's the first step - but if I find it, I need to be able to correlate that to the DVS or CAB file so I can purge it and prove that I did...

Ideas? (We don't use DA...)

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Only place that would contain the filenames in SQL would be via a Discovery Accelerator search in the customer database Other than that, the only place is the index, so either search all vaults using search.asp?advanced and use the file name and extension or write something against the API And even if you did find it, you need to delete it via EV, which means the DVS/DVSSP and cab locations are worthless, you shouldn't just delete it off of the file system
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146