Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetApp device or Network Share for Vault Store Partition

KeirL
Level 6
Partner

Hi

If I'm using NetApp CIFs for Vault Store partitions but don't plan to use any Snaplock, compression or deduplication on the NetApp is there any difference\benefit in selecting the 'NetApp device' over a normal network share when creating the Vault Store Partition?

thanks

K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi KeriL,

If you just want to use the NetApp device as a Network share then you can use the option "Network share" but you won't have the other option like dedupe, compression or snaplock which you will get with NetappDevice.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

A_J1
Level 6

Nope there want be any difference.. If you configure Netapp with Snaplock on the Netapp filer and you want to create a partition for EV on the Netapp Filer then while configuring the Partition you get a check box to enable snaplock.

The configuration remains same both for Netapp file without snaplock and with snaplock.

But make sure while creating a Partition you choose Netapp option. and if you don't Snaplock, compression or deduplication then simply don't check those options.

I hope this helps !!!

KeirL
Level 6
Partner

Yes - thanks

So even if I don't have\want dedupe, compression or snaplock still select the NetApp device over the alternatove option of 'network share'

A_J1
Level 6

Hi KeriL,

If you just want to use the NetApp device as a Network share then you can use the option "Network share" but you won't have the other option like dedupe, compression or snaplock which you will get with NetappDevice.

KeirL
Level 6
Partner

many thanks AJ

A_J1
Level 6

Glad to be a help KeirL !!!