cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Mailboxes are not being picked up to enable them for archiving

zoky
Level 4

Hi,

It seems EV is not picking up new mailboxes.  The mailboxes are in the correct OU.  We have 2 provisioning groups.  1 for our whole exchange environment, and another for shared mailboxes.

I have restarted services, and done a sync..  This was working a while ago, but now doesnt seems to be picking up any new ones.

If you need more info please let me know

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

StephenKing
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Zoky,

This is usually due to the issues associated with DNS/security and the NETBios name, see below article.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&pmv=print&impressions=&viewlocale=&id=TECH58462

I recommend backing up your SQL databse for EV 'EnterpriseVaultDirectory' make the edit the 'DomainName' entry inside the 'dbo.Organisation' table to reflect the NETBios name and not just the short DNS name. Restart the 'EV Admin' on each of your EV servers.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

what about manually running the provisioning task?

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

and check that the provisioning task is not in report mode

zoky
Level 4

Thanks for ther reply AndrewB...  Task is not in report mode, and i have just ran it manually. The new mailboxes i am looking for are still not showing up.

Amit_Dol
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hi zoky,

Please do 'Run Now' provisioning task and run in 'Report Mode', collect the reports from <ev install dir>\reports\exchange provisioning and see if any error is there. the report will be helpful for initial diagnostic.

Also ensure the reports are in full mode, you can change this from exchange provisioning task properties.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Just to add to the above, two things have to happen after you add a mailbox to an OU before you can enable it.

1. Provisioning has to run

2. Synchronization has to run

If those two things have happened and you still can't enable then do as Amit suggest and look in the Provisioning report and also check the EV App log for errors.

zoky
Level 4

Thanks for the reply guys!  I ran the provisioning task in report mode, but it seems like it hasnt created a new one for todays date.

I did however open up the older ones 27/7/12 and i could see a bunch of errors

CN=XXXX\, XXX,OU=XXX,OU=XXX,DC=XX,DC=XX Error processing user: SqlDateTime overflow. Must be between 1/1/1753 12:00:00 AM and 12/31/9999 11:59:59 PM.

There are quite alot of errors exact same as the above

I tried to google that error but couldnt find much in relation to EV

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Hello Zorky,

Just take a loot at the following

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH54449

this could perhaps help you

Sandrine

zoky
Level 4

Had a look at the above link, 2 accounts "authenticated users" & "ev service account" have the correct permissions applied to all OU's that mailboxes exist in..

zoky
Level 4

Getting this in event viewer

The Exchange mailbox provisioning task failed during provisioning group processing. The task has stopped.

Task: Exchange Provisioning Task for XXXXX

Domain: XXXXX

Provisioning group: <none>

Group member: <none>

Error: Failed to determine DCs for domains in the forest. Reason for error: Unable to get domains in forest for [XXXX] - error code [1355]

Trace:    at KVS.EnterpriseVault.ExchangePolicySync.ExchangePolicySynchronization.InitializeDomainControllerCache()
   at KVS.EnterpriseVault.ExchangePolicySync.ExchangePolicySynchronization.Initialize()
   at KVS.EnterpriseVault.ExchangePolicySync.ExchangePolicySynchronization.RunSynchronization(ExchangePolicySyncTaskEntry taskEntry, CheckControlEventsDelegate checkControlEvents, Boolean reportMode) 

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Can you grab a Dtrace of the EvExchangePolicySyncTask process and add that as an attachment here?

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

you may want to look at specifying the GC server manually, the error you are getting (1355) is saying that the domain doesn't exist or couldn't be contacted.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

zoky
Level 4

GC server has been specified - GC://XXXX.XXX.xx

See attched for dtrace - I ran it for 5min

The main mailbox i need to enable is a mailbox called "accounts" as its gettin quite large

zoky
Level 4

sorry here is the proper evexchangesynctask dtrace

zoky
Level 4

hello?? anyone else have any ideas??

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

version of EV and Exchange?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

zoky
Level 4

EV 9.0.2 and Exchaneg 2007

StephenKing
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Zoky,

This is usually due to the issues associated with DNS/security and the NETBios name, see below article.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&pmv=print&impressions=&viewlocale=&id=TECH58462

I recommend backing up your SQL databse for EV 'EnterpriseVaultDirectory' make the edit the 'DomainName' entry inside the 'dbo.Organisation' table to reflect the NETBios name and not just the short DNS name. Restart the 'EV Admin' on each of your EV servers.