cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New forum format sucks.

BitBucket
Level 4

What is this new format for the forums?  It's awful.

The search capabilities are nonexistent.  Isn't part of the reason for support forums is to keep a database with robust search tools as a knowledge base?

Please go back to the old format.

19 REPLIES 19

Richard_FDisk
Level 4

at least let people know that this box is for replying and that there's no "reply" button anymore

Amit_Karia
Level 6

I second bitbucket and Richard on that.. friendliness of old format was awsome.. it would take  couple of days for us to get used to this format.. or even more

Merv
Level 6
Partner

ya googling is also crazy..just gives all the old links which then bring me to http://www.symantec.com/connect/ - damn...i can't even find my old post...

bobby_hilliard
Level 5

i don't mind change but...if i only need to monitor EV postings then allow me that option...or at least a bright-red pulsating image on the screen telling me how to do it...

marcogsp
Level 6

No pun or play on words of BitBucket's handle intended.  I'm a Yankee who spent too much time in the south and picked up way too many of their expressions.  The only new feature I like is the ability to upload our own pics.  I wish I could have shared my dog's pretty face with all of you in the old forum.

Evan
Level 4

this is terrible, I dont know where anything is...I dont even know if im in the right forum

Pending_Shortcu
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Links from main Symantec support site to the forums are also broken - I'm having to rerun searches once I'm in the forums...please fix!

Thanks

Kris_R
Level 3

is there a way to get rid of the 'Share This' section that takes up 1/3 of the page?  i really hate this new format and the guys who created it must have worked on the Vista OS because they obviously didnt consult any customers about preferences.

psimp
Level 3

This is going to take ALOT of getting used to.... Liked the old format so much better. This is........

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

All,

This is what the forum should look like

www.enterprisevaultfaq.com

It is nice clean Layout. Everything is easy to find and it is fast.

Also the WIKI which is part of this site is excellent. Even though this site is still developing it has so much potential.

BitBucket
Level 4

The new forum format sucks beyond belief.  I don't even see a way to perform a search.  There are NO SEARCH OPTIONS anywhere!  And I've looked everywhere twice over.  This has to be a bug, right?  Please tell me you didn't take away the search feature.

When are we going back to the old format?  C'mon Symantec, we've got businesses to run.  We don't have time to play around with these Fischer Price Forums.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Don't panic...

Top Right Corner:

imagebrowser image

Top Right Corner of the "Thread":

imagebrowser image

Or just try:

www.google.com

site:symantec.com

;)

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Lakshmi_Narayan
Level 4
Partner

Forum search is fine..but cant go back to search results, when one of the result is opened.

Its really pain to search again & again to go through each result 

Turls
Level 6

Great comments guys. We are working on making the site clean and green. Especially with the search field, we are soon fixing it. Please stay tuned for our Community 1.1 release coming this April.

BitBucket
Level 4
The "Top Right" search function is useless and so is the function inside the forums.

I need to be able to search for a specific set of words in a specific forum from a specific user.  I used to be able to do this in the old forums but it's not possible here in the new one.

You can search for a phrase, but it encompasses not only Enterprise Vault, but also Backup Exec.  I couldn't care less about Backup Exec and don't want all that junk polluting my search results.

I've been using Google to try and search this site, but it's limited.  Also, it's pretty sad that I even have to use an external Web search tool like Google.

Please, please get rid of this crappy new forum format and go back to the old format.  You should also look at vBulletin, which is much better than either.

jpriddy
Level 4
Just like with everything else Symantec, wait for the .1 release for it to be usable.  At least with the software, you have the option to use the old version for a while.  I used to monitor several of the forums on STN several times per week and occasionally post but count me as another who is greatly turned off by the new site format.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
It needs a lot of getting used to, yes. Hopefully .1 will fix many of the annoyances ;)

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Turls
Level 6
It takes some time to make everyone say "YES". As MichelZ said, Release 1.1 would fix most of the issues...please stay tuned.

Mark_Bob
Level 3
Partner
Any update on the search facilities within the forum, they are painfull to use and are a massive step back from what was provided before. I used to be able to promote the Symantec web support as one of the benefits of choosing Enterprise Vault but I honestly cannot do that at the moment. Someone wake up and sort this mess out, please!