cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Mailboxes Found!

Mike_Dowling
Level 4
I am trying to install a journaling service to an Exchange 2003 server from another Domain. I install the service but when I go to configure it I get 'No Mailboxes Found!'. The EV server has the:

E2KAutoCreateMailboxContainerADsPath

Reg entry already set to Users. Has anyone seen this before? or have a fix for the problem?

I should add that if i attempt to install a retrieval service to the same Exchange 2003 Server it tells me the server has no (information store) available.

The KVS server currently has four journaling services to Exchange 5.5 servers' within the KVS application servers' domain.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mike_Dowling
Level 4
Run the delegation of control wizard in E2K3 to assign the trusted domains service account rights in E2K3 to get cross-domain/cross-forest journaling working for E2K3. Although the service account from the trsuted domain had full administrative rights in Exchange. I couldn't configure the journaling service to a mailbox on the trusted domain until the delegation of control wizard was run on the E2K3 environment I was trying to journal from. All is well...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Mike_Dowling
Level 4
Run the delegation of control wizard in E2K3 to assign the trusted domains service account rights in E2K3 to get cross-domain/cross-forest journaling working for E2K3. Although the service account from the trsuted domain had full administrative rights in Exchange. I couldn't configure the journaling service to a mailbox on the trusted domain until the delegation of control wizard was run on the E2K3 environment I was trying to journal from. All is well...

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Don't forget to award yourself some Answer Points Mike :)

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
Just remember to also deselect the sendas and receiveas deny options on the admin group for the EVService Account. :)

Mike_Dowling
Level 4
Hah it won't let me, oh well, I'll throw them to one of you guys...

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
If you mean ' by it won't let you' that it is greyed out, you might need to go higher up the org tree or remove inheritance on the object (not great)

Also make sure that the EV Service account is not a member of any other Exchange groups that could still have the 'deny' permissions set as it will impact the account.

If you need to move higher up the tree to remove the 'Deny' permission and you cannot see the security TAB on the object then you will need to set the 'ShowSecurityPage' regkey as per MS article;

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259221

Cheers

David_Messeng1
Level 6
An old chestnut:

http://pub28.bravenet.com/forum/2381205959/show/602574

Mike_Dowling
Level 4
No my environment is working fine, I was replying to Davids message below:

"Don't forget to award yourself some Answer Points Mike "

I was saying it doesn't allow me to give myself award points for answering my own question so I handed them out to you...

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Can you take them back? ;)