cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Mailboxes found

russianro
Level 4

Tony,

Thanks for you answer. Another question :) after that problem i saw that nothing is archiving on my mailboxes and if i'm trying to run the task on select mailboxes i have no Mailboxes found but i have enabled 3 mailboxes on that server.

Alex

34 REPLIES 34

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So the question is what processes run against Exchange before midnight?  Something is removing the hidden message from Exchange in between the noon and midnight run of automatic synchronization of the Archive task.

TonySterling

Also, what do you use for anti-virus?  I seem to remember a case from a long time ago where AV was actually quarantining the hidden message.

russianro
Level 4

i can't figgure out... i've exported all archived items back in my mailbox.. after that i had delete the ev server and create a new one with settings on default. and i had enabled my account. now at 00:00 my account get status new.

no antivirus installed on the machine :)

TonySterling

It would be the AV for Exchange if it is AV at all.  It isn't going to be on the EV side, something is happening in Exchange that removes the hidden message and it happens before 00:00, that is just when EV synch's the mailbox and no longer finds the hidden message.

russianro
Level 4

i have only sep protection on exchange.. i also have enterprise vault v5 in the same domain for the same exchange exchange server could be a problem ?

TonySterling

YES!  you can't target the same Exchange server with two different EV servers. 

russianro
Level 4

i thought so :) but i don't know in ev 5 how to disable an exchange server i don't have anything like target there only archiving service and retrieval service

TonySterling

Do you still you EV 5?  If not you can disable the archive service.  Stop it and change it to not start automatically or disabled.

russianro
Level 4

i have ev 5 in production :) but for few users ( arround 20 ) but from top management!  I just stopped the services to see if tomorow morning at 00:00 i will have the same situation. is it enough to put all de services in stopped status ?

TonySterling

Yes, stopping the service should keep it from updating the mailboxes. 

russianro
Level 4

one question,

after i had restore my items back to inbox and create a new ev server my items don't get archived back

in dtrace i have :

58650 13:17:32.018  [3976] (ArchiveTask) <7064> EV:L {GetCalculatedModifiedDate:#1285} Calculated date (dd/mm/yyyy): [07/02/2012 07:01.11] [PR_LAST_MODIFICATION_TIME]
58651 13:17:32.018  [3976] (ArchiveTask) <7064> EV:L :CArchivingAgent::IsEligibleForArchive(/O=MobiFon/OU=CBC/cn=Recipients/cn=Alexandru.Rusu233271208) |The message titled: RE: Deblocare pass pt BB will not be archived as its inactivity period has not expired  |
58652 13:17:32.018  [3976] (ArchiveTask) <7064> EV:H :CArchivingAgent::IsEligibleForArchive() |Exiting routine |
58653 13:17:32.018  [3976] (ArchiveTask) <7064> EV:M :CArchivingAgent::IsEligibleForArchive() |Entering routine  |
58654 13:17:32.018  [3976] (ArchiveTask) <7064> EV:L {MigratedDominoItems::IsMigratedDominoShortcut} (Entry)
58655 13:17:32.018  [3976] (ArchiveTask) <7064> EV:M PropsItem::HasShortcutProps - shortcut properties not present (2)
58656 13:17:32.018  [3976] (ArchiveTask) <7064> EV:M MigratedDominoItems::IsMigratedDominoShortcut - missing shortcut properties

TonySterling

You need to set the IgnoreEVDates registry key.

Create  the REG_DWORD IgnoreEVDates in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agent.  (remember if 64 bit it goes under WOW6432Node)
Set the value of IgnoreEVDates to 3 (decimal), then restart the archiving task.

russianro
Level 4

Tony , you rule! it's 12:46 AM and my users are still available for achiving :) thanks ! but i had disabled all services on EV5.0 what service should i start ?  how can i move data from ev5 to ev10 ?

TonySterling

Your options for moving from EV 5 to EV 10 are going to be as follows:

1. restore everything back to Exchange and let EV 10 archive it.
  2. Export the archives to PST's and Import them into EV 10
  3. Use a third party solution to do the migrationg for you.  Your options for that will be Archive Shuttle from Quadrotech-IT  http://www.quadrotech-it.com/products/archive-shuttle/ or Transvault from http://www.transvault.com/ although I am not sure they will work with EV 5.

As far as starting services on EV 5, as long as you do not start the Archive service I think you will be ok.  For sure you can start the Admin, Directory, and Indexing to let your users have functionality of recalling and searching.

If you need more in regards to moving please start another thread for that topic.

best regards,

Tony

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

to be honest, for 20 users, just start the Admin, Directory and Storage service *only* and then just export them out to a PST file

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146