Thanks for you answer. Another question :) after that problem i saw that nothing is archiving on my mailboxes and if i'm trying to run the task on select mailboxes i have no Mailboxes found but i have enabled 3 mailboxes on that server.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Yes i made the sync for that users but after i'm trying to start the task i have no mailboxes found. for one exchange server i had resolved by renable the user but i think it is not a good solution
Is your SQL Server also on your EV Server?
Do those mailboxes still have shortcuts to archived items? If yes, can you recall archived items in Outlook?
It sounds like you zapped all your mailboxes with EVPM, did you run any EVPM scripts?
No, my sql server is running on different physical machine.
Yes and i can recall archived items only oppening them from outlook beacuse i don't have the ev shortcuts in my outlook. after i had re-enabled the users the buttons appear in outlook.
What is EVPM ? i didn't run any script.
Weird scenario and it will be hard to pen down exactly what happened. I think you best option is to just re-enable your users and move on.
I would also be sure that your backups are running correctly.
Are you doing this as a production install? If so, it might be worth have a consultant assist you.
weired scenarios yes, now i was looking why i don't have new items archived and i saw that i don't have mailboxes available . the users appear again in status new and i need to reenabled them but i don't know why
So do the archives and indexes dissappear?
Do the shortcuts to previously archived items still show in the Exchange mailbox?
It sounds as though your system is being reset, either on the EV side or the Exchange mailboxes.
i have all data in place. i also can read old archived items. no downtime on EV or Exchange.
i don't understand why mailbox state becomes new for allready enabled users but they still apear under Archives -> Exchange Mailbox
i think something is happening with DirectoryAccess database and that changes the value for ArchivingState..
Agreed with tony on this, typically the only thing that would put a mailbox to a New state after its enabled would be a zap through EVPM.
But remember that the archives and mailboxes are really seperate entities, you can have archvives regardless of whether the mailbox becomes disabled or deleted,
In a test environment i wouldnt be surprised if people delete and recreate mailboxes within exchange as a test and whats being shown as a new mailbox is in fact, a new mailbox, it just happens to be that it hasnt been assigned an archive or enabled yet.
I would be interested in knowing if you have duplicates in the Exchange Mailbox Entry table and whether they have different MbxGUIDs and/or LegacyExchangeDN's
i'm not ussing evpm it is only a fresh install in a envoirment of 6k users with only 4 users enabled. at this time happens for all 4 users and for all exchange servers (task)
it is not a test environment and i'm my using my own email for testing.
i had reenabeld the usrs and export the exchangemailboxentry where MbxArchivingState=1 to see if something is changing.