cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Outlook 2003 icons

ChrisGardner
Level 3

I am testing rolling the EV client to a small group of people.  They are running Windows XP, Outllook 2003.  Enterprise Vault is at Version 8.  I have installed the Symantec Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-in.  The Add-in is in the Add-In Manager and on. 

My Desktop Policy in EV is set to only display "Store In Vault".  Two people have the icon, a few don't and one has all of the icons!

I have set "RPC over HTTP Restrictions" to None (Synchonized Mailboxes was done)

Checked that my policy is being applied to the mailbox, I enabled logging for the EV Client, I don't see any errors.

RPC over HTTP is not enabled (flags = 0)
ModulePath: [C:\Program Files\Enterprise
Vault\EVClient\valkyrie.dll]
Found 0 Desktop resource DLLs
No resource module was loaded and the default English resources in Valkyrie.dll will be used.

I have run ResetEVClient and Repair/Modify Microsoft Oulook

All with no luck

Any other suggestions?

Thanks - Chris

2 REPLIES 2

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Have you setup multiple provisioning groups, or just one which hits all your target people?

For the ones that don't have they restarted Outlook since you enabled them for archiving?

Working for cloudficient.com

Simon_B_
Level 6
Partner Accredited

When looking at the client trace (when you have no buttons displayed check %temp%) you should be able to see the configuration the client read from the hidden message. Confirm there that the client indeed received the "RPC over HTTP restriction" setting (listed as "Desktop Setting: RPCOVERHTTPRESTRICTIONS").

Also just to check whether this makes any difference: Deactivate Outlook Anywhere in the Outlook configuration and check again if the buttons show up.