cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mailboxes detected for one archive task

OldEmployee
Level 5

I noticed that few of the archive tasks haven't been running daily.

I noticed that when performing a find from Targets> Exchange> Display Policies assigned to mailboxes.. no mailboxes are found on the server.

There are around 5000 mailboxes on that exchange target server but none are being detected in archive task.

Can someone help on what the issue may be?

7 REPLIES 7

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi there,

Is it possible that there is no active mailbox database on that server? Have you checked?
--Virgil

Yes, there are active databases on this exchange server.

I am curious though, how long does it take for EV to detect if the mailbox databases for a target exchange server are mounted on a different target exchange server?

Lets say all databases from Server A were mounted on Server B due to some issues and at night a script aligns the databases to the correct server. Will the archive task detect that the target servers databases during the next run?

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

As far as i know, this will be when the provisioning task runs which is two times per day by default (12AM and12PM).

--Virgil

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

Did it work before or did you just install EV?

have you checked for connectivity problems?

Ran Deployment Scanner again to check if you are missing dependencies.

arnoldmathias
Level 4

@OldEmployee You may run the Provisioning Task again for EV to lookup all the target databases for each archive task. Once done, verify if the system mailbox setup on the archiving task is accessible using Outlook and hosted on a database on the corresponding Exchange server.

Thanks.

I will test this again if a similar situation occurs.

Ok, thanks.

I will be monitoring the tasks for an re-occurrence and run the provisioning task.