cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No pst created after exporting the search basket

EVUser0704
Level 4

Hello All,

I am facing an issue wherein I am adding the search results into a basket on search.asp page and then exporting the basket into a pst by using restore to pst option(by editing webapp.ini file), the basket gets restored successfully and there are no errors or anything however when I go to the specified share location. I see there isn't any pst created. There are no event errors in event logs and IIS logs show 200. I'm using EV 9.0 with Exchange 2007. Also, if I export an archive into pst using the export wizard option from VAC, that works just fine with no issues and pst gets created successfully. It's just while doing it from search.asp, no pst gets created. I don't have pstdisablegrow registry on my EV server, and disk is not write protected and there is plenty of space available. Anyone seen this behaviour before?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

hmm I've not seen it before, have you done any DTRACE?

Working for cloudficient.com

EVUser0704
Level 4

I did, but unfortunately it didn't capture any errors. One thing to note here is, if I mention same user alias on the search.asp page for whom we're doing the restore, it restores successfully however pst won't get created, however if I write vault admin account's alias over there instead of user's, operation fails with event IDs 8390 & 8391 even though vault admin account has read & write permission on all the archives, and I synchronized the users as well after granting the permission. I dtraced shopping service and directory service as well but nothing was captured.

1 more thing I noticed is that when I do it via ev admin account's alias, it creates atleast a basket XXX.bsk in shopping folder's directory, but when I do it via the user alias, no shopping basket(.bsk) gets created in the shopping folder. Any suggestions, please?

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

looks strange, you can log a support case to investigate it further.

ITDAP_COM
Level 3

Did you check permissions on pst folder and shopping folder ? set authenticated users full control just in case.