Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No safe available in OWA for Exchange 2003

mmmore
Level 4
Partner

Dear all,

We are experiencing a problem with the Enterprise Vault functionality in Outlook Web Access (OWA). The OWA extension reports that there are no safes are available. It seems that it doesn't 'see' the archives for the users. Please see the attached screenshot to this thread (interface is in Dutch, sorry).

I have used the Symantec Enterprise Vault OWA Resource Tool (version 2.0), but it reports that all checks passed succesfully. 

Information about this environment:

• Microsoft Exchange 2003 - Two servers in a front-end / back-end configuration
  • Enterprise Vault version 9.0.2.1061 - Two servers, one for mailbox archiving and the second dedicated for journaling
  • All servers running W2K3 R2, SP2 (x86)
  • Apart from the OWA problem, no apparent problems with mailbox archiving 

Could anybody point me in the right direction? At this point I don't know what to do anymore.

Many thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew_S_Jones
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

For the Enterprise Vault OWA functionality to connect from the Backend Exchange server to the Enterprise Vault server it will utilize the 'EVAnon' virtual directory on the Enterprise Vault server.  However this must be configured using the OWAUser.wsf script.

In addition when the request is made from the Backend Exchange server to the Enterprise Vault server is there a specific IIS status and sub-status? (such as 403.6)

You might want to take a look at the following Technote as it gives some good detail on the process, this is the fourth one in the series:

How do the Enterprise Vault (EV) Toolbar options in Outlook Web Access (OWA) communicate with the EV Server to perform Archival, Retrieval and Restore actions?  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH78412

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Take a look at this technote - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH126478

mmmore
Level 4
Partner

Hello Percy,

Thanks for pointing me to this article. I did search the knowledge base, but did not run into this article on my own.

And indeed, the Data Access Account tab is not filled in our environment. I will configure the data access account tonight, and restart the services. I will report in this thread if this solved the problem.

Thanks again for your help. 

Andrew_S_Jones
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

For the Enterprise Vault OWA functionality to connect from the Backend Exchange server to the Enterprise Vault server it will utilize the 'EVAnon' virtual directory on the Enterprise Vault server.  However this must be configured using the OWAUser.wsf script.

In addition when the request is made from the Backend Exchange server to the Enterprise Vault server is there a specific IIS status and sub-status? (such as 403.6)

You might want to take a look at the following Technote as it gives some good detail on the process, this is the fourth one in the series:

How do the Enterprise Vault (EV) Toolbar options in Outlook Web Access (OWA) communicate with the EV Server to perform Archival, Retrieval and Restore actions?  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH78412

mmmore
Level 4
Partner

I finally got this problem solved.

The problem was exactly what Andrew mentioned in the comment above, I should have run the OWAUser.wsf script for the Active Directory user that I used on the Data Access Account tab. After I ran the script (and restarted the EV services) it worked!

Thank you Percy and Andrew for your help! Both you suggestions helped me solve the problem, but unfortunately I can only mark one of your responses as solution.