cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to add Storage for Index

Veritas_Resolve
Level 4

Hi All,

This is something I have come accross where I am trying to add New storage share (NetApp) for my Index as the previous volume is full.

However when I try to do that, I get the error and the below Event: Any help?

Log Name:      Symantec Enterprise Vault
Source:        Enterprise Vault 
Date:          24.08.2015 15:28:54
Event ID:      4248
Task Category: Admin Console
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A

Description:
Failed to set security permissions on the index location 'Index location'. 

The Vault Service Account 'domain name\SVC account' does not have full control of the location. Grant the Vault Service Account full control and try again.

EV 10.0.4

one of the article suggested to give full permission, tried that too.. any views?

Thanks in Advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

with a network share there's typically file system permssions and share permissions so check both places. however, i noticed you're trying to create your indexes on a network share which typically isn't recommended due to performance and reliability reasons so make sure you take those into account before you get too far along.

View solution in original post

Veritas_Resolve
Level 4

Hi AndrewB

All I had to do was give manual permissions to my account on the folder i created and it fixed the issue.

But Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB

with a network share there's typically file system permssions and share permissions so check both places. however, i noticed you're trying to create your indexes on a network share which typically isn't recommended due to performance and reliability reasons so make sure you take those into account before you get too far along.

Veritas_Resolve
Level 4

Thank you for your reply Andrew,

I am checking for the permissions you've suggested by my storage team, shall update once i hear from them.

Yea i understand about keeping indexes on the network share however its been like that before i took over. 

Veritas_Resolve
Level 4

Hi AndrewB

All I had to do was give manual permissions to my account on the folder i created and it fixed the issue.

But Thanks for your help!

AndrewB

perfect! glad i could help and that it was a straightforward fix.