cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to create Vault Stores

giuliod
Level 5

I am facing problem when creating vault stores in the EV console. I see event 41463 and 40966 (Storage Queue Broker) in the EV envet viewer:

An error occurred while invoking Int32 <GetConfiguredStorageArchiveProcesses>b__0().
Error Context : Getting count of configured StorageArchive processes.
Value does not fall within the expected range. 

​A program fault has raised an exception.

Exception: Value does not fall within the expected range.
Diagnostic: 
Type: System.ArgumentException
Reference: StorageQueueBroker

Command Line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVStorageQueueBroker.exe" -URL:tcp://172.10.10.21:3191/1e0a8900_7941_46c5_a3f1_f7c0f977fae4/KVS.EnterpriseVault.ProcessManager33736294 
Application Domain: EVStorageQueueBroker.exe
Process Id: 6944
Thread Id: 8252
Stack Trace:    at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Common.COMHelper.InvokeHelper[TResult](Object COMInterface, Func`1 func, String context, LoggingMode loggingMode, Boolean rethrow)
   at Symantec.EnterpriseVault.StorageQueueBroker.VaultStoreDetailsCache.GetVaultStoresIDirectoryVault()
   at Symantec.EnterpriseVault.StorageQueueBroker.VaultStoreDetailsCache.PopulateCache()
   at Symantec.EnterpriseVault.StorageQueueBroker.VaultStoreDetailsCache.GetVaultStoresForServer()
   at Symantec.EnterpriseVault.StorageQueueBroker.QueuedSavesetFetcher.InitialiseStorageQueueTables()
   at Symantec.EnterpriseVault.StorageQueueBroker.StorageQueueBrokerOperationBase.Start()
   at Symantec.EnterpriseVault.StorageQueueBroker.StorageQueueBrokerImpl.Start()
   at Symantec.EnterpriseVault.StorageQueueBroker.StorageQueueBroker.OnStart()
   at KVS.EnterpriseVault.ProcessManagement.ManagedObject.StartImpl(String startOptions) 

Appreciate any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Can you do one quick thing before collecting the logs? 

This may do the trick, try running the \Enterprise Vault\FileReRegister.bat as this should fix the Storage componenets if there is any problem with that.

--Virgil

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

VirgilDobos

Hi giuliod, 

Make sure the Storage Service is running.

Can you post a dtrace on the Storage Service and Storage Management?

--Virgil

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

do you have a storage service installed on this EV server?

are you logged in to the EV server with your EV service account?

giuliod
Level 5

Hi,

Yes the storage service is present and using the vault account. 

Will send the logs later today when I will meed the client.

Thanks for your support guys.

VirgilDobos

Hello,

Can you do one quick thing before collecting the logs? 

This may do the trick, try running the \Enterprise Vault\FileReRegister.bat as this should fix the Storage componenets if there is any problem with that.

--Virgil

giuliod
Level 5

Hi Virgil,

That did the trick for me. After running the FileReRegister.bat I could able to create Vault Stores succesfully. Big thanks!