cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting notification mail even archive limit gets fulled for users...

vodafone_india
Level 3

Hi,

As we are using Enterprise Vault with the version 10.0.3 for Exchange 2010 Mailbox archiving .As we set the archive quota limitation for Evault enabled users but even user archive quota gets full or reached, users is not getting any kind of alert or notification mails. We already set the Archive Quota limit / mail notification settings from vault site.

Regards

DN

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
6 REPLIES 6

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Did you copy the msg files to the root of your EV install directory? Did you give the evadmin send on behalf as permissions to the system mailbox? Can you do the following 1. Log on to the EV server as the evadmin 2. Create an outlook mail profile to the system mailbox (not the evadmin but system mailbox) 3. Open up the quota mail MSG file 4. Attempt to send the email Does it send or does it give you an error that you don't have permission to send on behalf of the user?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

refer 

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/tipenterprise-vault-notification-emails-are-not-being-sent-enabled-or-disabled-mailboxes

vodafone_india
Level 3

But I am trying to sent the mail from VSA which not getting any error,as other mails (on mailbox enabled & disabled ) are sent by vault service account is working fine..

Regards

DN

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

So, can you elaborate as to what you have got set at the site level?

Did these uses bounce around the limits? (Because by default a 'new' notification isn't sent until 7 days after the previous one).

The notifications are sent during archiving. So you might want to take a test user up to and beyond the limit, and trace the archiving task whilst doing so, to see what that says.

Working for cloudficient.com

Sean_Waite
Level 3

I feel the need to post on this thread as we have the same issue that has not been resolved by Symantec engineering.

We run EV10.0.4.1354 and set archive quotas for our users at 3Gb. In all usual respects the notifications work flawlessly, except if a user exceeds their quota limit and the scheduled archive tasks runs.

Under these circumstances the email notification is NOT received by the user into their mailbox. However, if the user attempts a manual archive, they then receive an email notification informing them they have exceeded their archive quota limit.

I have been working with Symantec to resolve this but the response is 'this will not be fixed in release 10', which I find frankly absurd considering v11 has the same issue and has only been released a matter of months. I have been told the issue will be resolved in v11 and to upgrade if I want this fixed.

We also have a large EV v9 deployment in the US of some c30k users and this is a show stopper from the planned upgrade to v10. If the recommendation is to upgrade to v11 to fix this and you can't upgrade directly from v9 to v11, how on earth have Symantec managed to shoot themselves in the foot with this one?

Regards,
Sean

Sean_Waite
Level 3