cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notes Migrator and Enterprise Vault -

Calli-TK
Level 2

Hi,

we are currently in the beginning of our migration from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Exchange 2010. We are already using Symantec EV for archiving mails. We are currently testing the migration of the users. Now we found, that when we migrate a user with an existing mail archive from Notes to Exchange, the Notes Migrator starts to migrate all the data, so it "extracts" the whole archive and migrate the complete data. But we want only to migrate the active data, and not the complete content of the archive. The migration from the mailarchives EV Notes to EV Exchange  will be done with Transvault.

Do you have any hint for me, how we can prevent the Notes Migrator from extracting the complete mail archive?

Already implemented this KB Article: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO56984&viewlocale=en_US

Tnx in advance for your help! If i have forgotten to post needed informations please contact me.

Torsten

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Torsten,

I have no experience with EV for Notes, and do not know if the below applies, but is worth a guess.

If EV for notes creates 'shortcuts' to archived items in the Notes mailboxes, is it possible for you to remove these? I think that if there are no 'shortcuts' in the mailbox, the migrator will not retrieve the data from there.

I apologize if this is totally nonsense!

GJ

Regards. Gertjan

MassimoVagli
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Torsten, 

Could you please clarify what exactly you mean with "Notes Migrator" and why you reference a technote about EVDominoExchangeMigrationTool and Quest?

Thanks

Massimo