Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NtfsCenteraMigrator.

WASA
Level 3
Partner

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me, where find detailed documentation on how ntfscenteramigrator works, except utility documentations?

Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I thought that was the basis of your question migrationf from NTFS storage to Centera.

If you have migrted the data to Centera and it completed then EV will monitor the data on the Centera that has been moved thats why it is checking between SQl and Centera

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

TRALSH
Level 4
Employee
Here's the How To technote http://support.veritas.com/docs/286173

WASA
Level 3
Partner

Thank you for reply,

I already read it, but it is not what efficient, I need to understand how it works.

Currently I'm moving savessets from NTFS partition to a Centera, and I see two processes, Storagedelete.exe and StoragefileWatch.exe.

So I need to understand what every process does and how to troubleshoot?

Regards,

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
I have been asking for such information from Symantec and the answer I get is that such detail is not permitted to be supplied to customers because the information is propitiatory

Chris_Harrison
Level 5
Employee

Storagedelete is the storage component that is used by NTFSCenteraMigrator to move the DVS and update the database with the appropriate entries.

So if you're having problems with the tool Support will ask for a dtrace of Storagedelete and NTFSCenteraMigrator, potentially also a SQL Profiler would be needed.

WASA
Level 3
Partner

Thank you for the answer.

For the moment I don't have any problem to migrate savesats, I just want to have more informations and to know if it is possible to script a job or schedule it.

Regards,

Chris_Harrison
Level 5
Employee

Its not scriptable or schedulable in the simplest sense of the word, although you could do some type of autohotkey script to kick it off based on a scheduled task.

Although i don't see why you would want to considering migrating data to Centera isn't likely to be a common task....?

WASA
Level 3
Partner
I have more than 700 GB to migrate and I have a small collection folder. so I have to start the migartion year by year, in order to avoid to fill up the colletion's folder.

WASA
Level 3
Partner

Hi all,

I started the migration last friday for about 350GB.

I first created a big partition for collection.

the migration was started fine and data are copied to the collection's partition, sunday evening the storage service was restarted, I don´t know why! the migration continu and finished this morning

SoI checked the collection partition and found 324GB of Savesets.

Storagefilewatch still runing.

I dtraced Storagefilewatch and saw that, it checks the saveset in sql server and centera, but the savesets are not moved to centera.

Anyone knows what to do and if I haev to wait or restart services?

Thanks

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

I thought that was the basis of your question migrationf from NTFS storage to Centera.

If you have migrted the data to Centera and it completed then EV will monitor the data on the Centera that has been moved thats why it is checking between SQl and Centera