cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of EV servers that can be installed...

aaguilar
Level 4

Hello

I would like to know if there is any limitation on the number of servers with Enterprise Vault that can be installed in an organization. I do not know if at licensing level the only thing to keep in mind is the number of mailboxes/TB to be archived or if there is also a limitation in the number of servers dedicated to archive.

Thanks and regards.

2 REPLIES 2

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi mate,

As far as  I know, there is no technical limitation. When it comes to licensing, there is no limitation at all as EV is licensed per number of users (eg. email archiving) or front-end TB (eg. file server archiving).

If you can share some info, I can give you an idea on how many EV servers you would need.

1. How many mailboxes will be enabling for archiving? (if it's not just email, share the details)
  2. How many sites with active target servers? Also, the number of users and data size for each site approximately?
  3. What is the link between the sites (roughly)?
--Virgil

Hi Virgil

It was a general question for a future project we are planning. I still have no concrete data ... Anyway, is there any document in which this type of recommendations can be seen? Any documents that indicate examples of configurations based on possible situations?

Thanks and regards.