cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of Items in Vault Cache

Weasel
Level 5

Hello,
we are running EV 8.0 SP3, Exchange 2007 SP1 and Outlook 2007.
My question is, which items are inserted into teh Vault Cache? I had to create a new profile on my laptop, Outlook works in cached mode. When started a new ost-File is created.
I can synchronize the cache manually or can wait for the next scheduled synchronization. No errors appear and header synchronization ends successful. In Vault Cache Porperties on the details tab I see that the state is completed, and the max cahce size is 3 GB, that is enough. But there are only 81 elements in cache? When I open an archived Email it is added to the cache, the number of items is increased.
In exchange policy on the vault cache tab is the content strategy set to "store all items".
I tried the following:
Disabled Cached mode and deleted both the ost file and the cache in my profile. Then reenabled cahced mode - same result, the archived Emails will not be added to my cache, so they are not available when I am offline.
Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks and regards
Ralf

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Weasel
Level 5
I could solve it. I did a reset of the vault cache with the crtl + shift - option. All items are in the cache now :)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Weasel
Level 5
I could solve it. I did a reset of the vault cache with the crtl + shift - option. All items are in the cache now :)

Chuck_Ford
Level 4
 I'm not sure I'd call reseting the VC a solution but rather a workaround to a bug.  I would say something needs to be added to the VC synchronization on the client to verify that all is reporting correctly.