I seem to be having a probelm with my email archive connection to the SQL db and i am wondering if anyone could help or suggest why this has happened.
We currently have install Enterprise Vault 11 installed on a windows 2012 x64 server sitting on a vmware host.
The mail archive was working up untill two weeks ago then all of a sudden i noticed that on the preview within EV GUI of an archived mail clicked on, I was getting the error (0x8000ffff)
I then checked the event logs on the server and the following errors were shown up.
Error accessing Vault Store database.
[Internal reference CStorageDBAccess::OpenDatabase()/AddConnection failed]
Database DSN: [MailboxVaultStore1]
ODBC connection to database MailboxVaultStore1 is missing or is not configured correctly
Abnormal error occurred
Error: Catastrophic failure (0x8000ffff)
Info: Requestor - Indexing Service
Ive checked the ODBC 32/64bit connections on the mail archive server and they are connecting to the SQL server on the test. But i am still getting the same error messages. I removed all ODBC connections and re-added them back in. But still the same problem.
I have a support call open with Symantec/Veritas to see if they can help. But i thought that i would also ask here too as i persume that this would of happened to someone at some point.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Logged in as Vault Service Account I assume.
You used C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe to verify the systemDSN?
Do you use an instance? If so, is that listed in the 'which sql server do you want to connect to' window for a connection?
If you use the 'test' button, does that come back ok?
Did anything happen 2 weeks ago, possibly on SQL? new server? alias changed? SP applied? New SQL server all together perhaps?
Yes that is correct, i am logged in using the Vault Service Account.
Yes i did check both 32 and 64 of the ODBC connection and they both past ok.
there was no change to the SQL server side.. All naming is still the same. no update or new server created.
Even support said they havent seen this error before.
ive attached the image shown the connection to the SQL server is correctly working.
thanks for the comment.
yes i removed them on both connections ( 32&64) and re-added them back in after stop start of services and also removing the odbc connection and restarting the server and adding them back in again. Still the same Error
I did as you mentioned, I removed the ODBC connection/s and restarted the service and the connection is now working back to the SQL db. the weird thing is that even tho i have removed the odbc connections that the connection is now working. A bit strange experience i do have to say.
Thank you for all youre comments and suggestions Lads.
I will have to inform support if they do come into this problem that they know how to fix it.