cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA 2007 problems

Abdul_Alwahidi
Level 4

I'm a newbie at EnterpriseValut. I've been lately struggling to launch it. I finally managed to do the following successfully:

- install and run EV 2007 SP4 at one server.

- install and run SQL 2005 DB at a different server.

- archive certain mailboxes successfully.

- install owa2007 extensions at an Exchange 2007 SP1 2-node CAS NLB.

- published an external URL for EV, and did the neccessary updates to the CAS web.config

- MAPI behaviour is OK.

- RPC behaviour is OK.

- had an error related to role-based admin yesterday, copied the new dll file published in the site, the .NET framework error disappeared.

I'm still facing difficulties with OWA, pre-SP4 exception error keep appearing once in while, but the real challenge is that I can no longer view my archived messages. the buttons appear, but once I open a message, a header says that the message is unavailabl, when i click the header, it disblays a redirection warning to the external EV URL, saying OK will show me the message from EV Explorer window.

could you please advise on how to overcome this.

5 REPLIES 5

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner

Are you using a proxy server?

Judy

Abdul_Alwahidi
Level 4

Thanks Judy for replying.

Actually, I'm facing this problem from behind the company proxy and from home (no proxy).

from the time I posted the question I tried the following:

- Registering the shopping service.

- Assigning explicit rights to the owauser account on the shopping folder.

- Tried to apply the hotfix in this link: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/317987.htm, but the CAS refused it as it assumed there is a similar or newer version of owa2007 extensions installed.

still no luck.

Abdul_Alwahidi
Level 4

OK, here is the latest update:

- in the advanced option of the mailbox policy, I'm using a direct external URL for both owa and outlook.

- in the properties of the EV site I'm also using the same direct URL (not the relative one).

- in the web.config files of my CAS servers, I'm using the boolean key.

whenever I change the URL at the site properties to the relative one, owa works but rpc doesnt. whenever I change back to the direct URL, the opposite happens.

I'm confused about the logic behind this occuring, therefore i'm confused on how to figure out a solution.

best guess is that owa unlike rpc must have another key on the web.config files pointing to the direct URL.

aa boolean entry might not be enough.

can you please verify if this is going to do a change. i dont want to mess around with the CAS without an expert say.

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner

I am going to suggest you open a support case.

Without being able to see the entire configuration I risk giving you very bad advise.

Support for Symantec Enterprise Vault, you will find, unlike other support offerings is excellent.

Call 1-800-342-0652.  They will probably have you join a webex session and have your problems solved pronto.  If this is your production environment, you don't want to be playing around here.

Judy

Abdul_Alwahidi
Level 4
I was forced to publish the internal dns fqdn at my external dns server. this only saved the day.