cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA - Impact on non vault users

anon1m0us1
Level 6

I have some users who are on vault and others who are not. If I add the extensions to the CAS servers, what impact would it have on the non vault users? Also, is there any documentation to the solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I don't know that it is documented but non-enabled users will not have any impact.  The EV options only show if the mailbox has been enbaled for archiving.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling

I don't know that it is documented but non-enabled users will not have any impact.  The EV options only show if the mailbox has been enbaled for archiving.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
As tony said, impact will be minimal, there will be a quick call as the extensions load to check for the hidden message, if one doesn't exist, it will unload itself for that users session, but we are talking milliseconds
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

anon1m0us1
Level 6

Do I install the extensions only on my CAS or also on my Exchange servers? I have Exchange 2007.

TonySterling

The steps should be in the install and configuring guide but for Exchange 2007 you will only install them on the CAS servers. 

TonySterling

Sorry, I misspoke, the steps are in the Setting_up_Exchange_Server_Archiving.pdf or chm file.