cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA controls not updated

Steve_Slater
Level 3
FE/BE Exchange 2003; SP2 on all Exch Servers.

After running the latest MS security patch for Exchange, we no longer get icons for shortcuts nor buttons for archives in OWA. I noticed a new controls folder version was created (6.5.7651.60) but running the OWA Front End and the Backend OWA configurations is not updating the new controls in either location. Is it safe to just copy the controls from 6.5.7651.25?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I must have spoke to soon. The Hotfix is in the final stages of creation and should be availble soon.

Sorry for the mis-information. :(

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Steve,
If you copy those control files from the previous version you might undo the security patch for Exchange.

That hotfix was updated in November to add the .60 folder and we do not have a hotfix yet.

You should still be able to recall archived items, just the buttons and icons are missing.

I would suggest you open a case w/ support and request updated control files for .60. There are a few people out there w/ the same issue, so the more request there are for it the higher up the priority list it goes.

Cheers,
Tony

TonySterling
FYI...A hotfix is availible for this now, you need to contact support.

regards,

Steve_Slater
Level 3
Support says there is no hotfix yet:

Thank you for contacting Symantec technical support. My name is Marc Guimond; I am the support representative that has picked up your case #240-426-118.

With regard to the OWA issues, EV does not support the version of Exchange you are running currently (.60), with regard to EV and OWA functionality. We are planning on addressing this by means of a hotfix and I will let you know once that hotfix is available.

Understanding that you are of course busy, if you prefer feel free to respond back to this email I would be more then happy to respond. My contact information is listed by my signature, feel free to contact me directly or simply reply back to the email if you would prefer.
Thank you.

Marc Guimond
Enterprise Vault Support Engineer
Symantec Corporation
www.symantec.com

TonySterling
I must have spoke to soon. The Hotfix is in the final stages of creation and should be availble soon.

Sorry for the mis-information. :(