cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA for EXchange 2003

Askar_Kopbayev
Level 4
Hi All,

we have a KVS server behind FE and BE Exchange (both are EXC 2003) Servers. OWA Extensions installed and configured. Anonymous account and authentication is configured in accordance to configuration guide.
So now the problem is that request is coming through FE, then comes to BE server and then comes this -

172.28.165.167 GET /enterprisevaultexchange/user/inbox/new.EML Cmd=preview 80 - 172.28.165.167 Exchange-Server-Frontend-Proxy/6.5+Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.0;+Maxthon) 401 2 2148074254

This is found in IIS log. That means the request even does not go to KVS server. It is stoped at BE server.
The user can successfully connect to his mailbox by OWA and see all the messages except archived. There is "access denied" error on the screen on archived messages.

Configured Authentication on BE for EnterpriseVaultExchange is windows integrated and Basic. All connection are allowed.

So what can be the reason?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
You really want to upgrade the scripts to SP5 and rerun the configuration. It is a lot more automated that the SP3 scripts. Also the support guys will ask you to do the same regardless.

I know that there are a lot of improvements that have been made in the SP5 scripts as compared to the SP3.

One of the issues addressed had to do with how people login. i.e. UPN or legacy login method and support for multiple SMTP domains.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Askar_Kopbayev
Level 4
more detailed information:

the KVS is Windows 2000 server. We have mixed environment. There are 4 BE Exchange 2000 and 1 BE Exchange 2003.

Also I looked through support topics and found the following information - http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277697.htm

it says that to make it work in mixed environment I have to run some scripts, but it applies only to EV 5.0 SP5 and we have EV 5.0 SP3. Does it mean we have to upgrade and then only to solve this problem?

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
You really want to upgrade the scripts to SP5 and rerun the configuration. It is a lot more automated that the SP3 scripts. Also the support guys will ask you to do the same regardless.

I know that there are a lot of improvements that have been made in the SP5 scripts as compared to the SP3.

One of the issues addressed had to do with how people login. i.e. UPN or legacy login method and support for multiple SMTP domains.

Cheers