cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA not working after upgrade 7.0 to 7.5

payoun
Level 4
Hi All,

I have upgraded EV 7.0 SP2 to 7.5 SP1 at a customer. the OWA interface worked fine untill the upgrade.
then users get the famous errors:
"the items is currently unavailable. click here to view the archived item."

then we are getting error 401 : unauthorized.
The Archive explorer is working fine and the search also (form the OWA of course)
There is a technote ( i don't remember the #) that mention a serial of steps to resolve this issue. i went over everything but no help.

Q: do we uninstall the OWA extension before the upgrade to 7.5 ?
Q: does someone already have that ?

Peter

7 REPLIES 7

R_Meeker
Level 4
Hi Peter

What ver of exch are you running,

have you checked that all the extenstions are on the same build for front end, back end servers and are inline with EV server version?

Assuming you get the same issue when you go directly to the Backend server http://<BEexchserver>/exchange.

Check you Evanon account, which authenticates between the Backend and EV is set up properely.

Here is the technote I think you might be referring too.

285117 is the technote I think you are looking for

chrs

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Seems to be in the EVANON area. After checking the account you may try deleting the evanon and running the owauser.wsf script again. Verify that the script runs correctly (Without errors).

Jim S.

payoun
Level 4
Hi,

I am running with Exchange 2003 SP2 on all back-end and Front end servers with the same build of the store.exe.
even getting to the http://backendserver/exchange the probleme occurs.

I have already seen this technote and a went thru all the resolution steps but unfortunately.

Peter

payoun
Level 4
Already did that. same problem. I just wonder if removing OWA extensions all clearing all the virtual directories on all exchange server will not be easier instead of tbshooting .

Peter

Maverik
Level 6
From what you have said you need to identify if you get 401 in the IIS logs of the EV server, if you are you are completely wasting your time probably doing anything on the Exchange server with regards EV and OWA, the problem lies with the EVANON virtual directory, anonymous user or something more strange, but definately on the EV server. 

Look in the IIS logs for viewmessage.asp and restore02k.asp with 401 errors at the end of the entry.  If you also review the IIS logs on the exchange serveryou will see the archiove id for the user you are trying to open a  archived item with and will be able to see this in the IIS logs on the EV server perhaps with 401 as well.

I would recommend complete removing the EVANON virtual directory in the first instance (if you have 401 on the EV server) and creating a new anonymous account.  Then resetup as per the install and config guide. 

If still stuck log a call with Symantec support as these issues are quite difficult to troubleshoot as there are so many factors involved and you really need a great understanding of the process.

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Verify you synch all users after creating a new anonymous account and running the config script.

Jim S.

payoun
Level 4
Hi Both,

Thanks for the input, i will try this and post an update.

Peter