cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office 365 Hybrid with EV

baschi
Level 4

Hello guys,

in a discussion with an customer the following questions came up which I now want to clarify:
If we use SMTP Archiving can we still delete the origin messages from the receivers mailbox like we do with Exchange Mailbox archiving? I assume that it's not the case but can't finally answer it as I didn't find any information about it, also don't have an EV to test that atm.

As I unsterand the whitepaper right, we have to define in which archive we want to archive the smtp mail stream.  Can we make these decision on automatic basis with using the receiver adress from the header? 

Would it be possible to forward the mails using SMTP from a Exchange Online server?
What is the best practice solution for using EV in an Hybrid deployment? 

Best Regards,
baschi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

SMTP archiving looks more like journaling. It's more compliance play than storage management and there's no shortcuts in the mailboxes to manage. It can be used with Office 365

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

SMTP archiving looks more like journaling. It's more compliance play than storage management and there's no shortcuts in the mailboxes to manage. It can be used with Office 365