cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office mail app for enterprise vault

pabbinedi
Level 4

Hi

We have recently migrated to exchaneg 2016 and enabled Office mail app. Now after enabling office mail app for enterprise vault it's showing on both outlook and OWA though i specifically mentinoed as OWA in Desktop policy settings. But still it's showing in outlook how i can remove from outlook?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi mate, This is not possible at the moment.

--Virgil

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Marcde
Partner    VIP    Accredited

What do you mean with "it's showing" in Outlook?

What is happening when you click on the EV office mail app in Outlook? From my experience it should give you a statement that office mail app is not activated. Something similar to "The app Enterprise Vault Office Mail is not available". Completely disabling the "Enterprise Vault" Button is not possible as far as I know. 

PMCS GmbH & Co. KG - A Serviceware Company
www.serviceware.de

VirgilDobos

Hi there,

You can disable the Office mail app in either OWA or Outlook from the desktop policy. Check the attached snap.

--Virgil

Hi

I did the same way but still i am seeing Enterprise vault in Outlook

Hi Marc

After changing my desktop policy settings in EV(EV desktop Policy-> Advance-> Change the setting for Office mail app to apply for only OWA 2013and latter setting" which means the app should show only in OWA it should be visible in Outlook.

But in my case office app in showing in Both Outlook and OWA please refer to the attachment. But in my case i don't want the Enterprise vault icon to be listed in outlook

VirgilDobos

Hi,

The change in the Desktop policy will just disable the Office Mail App, however, the button will still be visible. This is by design.

--Virgil

Thanks for the response.

But is there any other way that we can remove the Enterprise vault office mail app icon in outlook?.

VirgilDobos

Hi mate, This is not possible at the moment.

--Virgil

Thanks Virgil for the confirmation

sriramrane
Level 4

Disbale Outlook Add-in for EV from Group Policy. 

Rane