cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Vault Access on EV v11 ?

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi All,

How is that possible for me using EV v11 and Outlook 2007, to have access to my archived email ?

what do I need to know or let the user know first before making their archived item available ?

Thanks

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This should help:

About Vault Cache and Virtual Vault

Article:HOWTO97931  |  Created: 2014-05-07  |  Updated: 2014-05-07  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO97931

View solution in original post

GertjanA

Hello John,

That is correct, provided you configure it so it downloads all items. There are some options ti limit the size of the file (like not downloading items older than an x-period, or setting a limit on the size).

Regards. Gertjan

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

there's no Archive access from ActiveSync device however, there is IMAP which pretty much any device/client these days can use!

9 REPLIES 9

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Yes.

Please review the Enterprise Vault compatibility charts where you will see the versions of Outlook, and EV Outlook Add-in compatibility.

Working for cloudficient.com

John_Santana
Level 6

So how does it works ?

for example, if I have 2 GB archived by the EV archive size, does it going to be cached in my local .OST file ?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

No not your OST file, at all.

That's Outlook/Exchange.

How Vault Cache works is described in the documentation.

Working for cloudficient.com

John_Santana
Level 6

Which document Rob ?

TonySterling

This should help:

About Vault Cache and Virtual Vault

Article:HOWTO97931  |  Created: 2014-05-07  |  Updated: 2014-05-07  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO97931

John_Santana
Level 6

Thanks Tony,

So based on the image here http://www.symantec.com/business/support/library/BUSINESS/VASONT/EV_InfoDevOnline/VC_VV_sync_v640403... on the Technote that you posted.

Does that means if the Archive is 3 GB in the EV VaultStore, then the user C:\ drive will be growing about 3 GB because all archvied items will be made available offline ?

GertjanA

Hello John,

That is correct, provided you configure it so it downloads all items. There are some options ti limit the size of the file (like not downloading items older than an x-period, or setting a limit on the size).

Regards. Gertjan

John_Santana
Level 6

Cool, so it can be configured from the EV v11 VAC for all Outlook client ?

what about Archive access from ActiveSync device ?

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

there's no Archive access from ActiveSync device however, there is IMAP which pretty much any device/client these days can use!