Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Vault and Quota Based Archiving

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner

Hi All

I have  a question .Will the pre-emptive arching that is part of Offline Vault work with Quota Based archiving .I don’t think it will for the following reason. The normal configuration with pre-emptive is 2 Weeks .My understanding of that is that Offline Vault looks at the OST to see what is eligible for Archiving in the next 2 Weeks  and copies it from the OST to the Offline Vault .This means no download is necessary when the item gets archived . However how would the Offline Vault do the pre-emptive copy in a Quota Based Archiving Configuration? The Quota based works on a Percent of your mailbox and does a maximum of 200 items per mailbox sweep starting with old items. The result of archived items can be random as its objective is not age but a general reduction of size of messages that could be any age. Is this correct? If not could someone explain the Quota Based Archiving and its impact on Offline Vault for pre-emptive archiving?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner
Hi All
Any input to this question
Thanks

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

When using quota based archiving for your mailbox, OV will use an age based policy to archive data (for the reason you state, nothing else can make sense).  You can via the advanced policy define what what 'age policy' should be.

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner
Thx Dodo
That makes sense :)