cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Vaults

Donnal_Spence
Level 4
I have a mailbox that was setup for offline vaults. I got it to download the 12 gig vault and it worked correctly while connected to the Excahnge/EV server. Once it was tested offline, a message came up that it had new items to download and OK was clicked. Once OK was clicked it deleted everything in the download directory that EV uses for offline vaults. Now i cannot get it to sync anything as the client thinks that it has already pulled the 12 gigs for some reason. I have killed the Outlook profile and uninstalled the EV client with no luck. Please advise.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Do you really want 12GB offline? In the v6 client you can control it so that only more recent items say younger than 6 months (or whatever) is downloaded.

Are you using archive explorer (and thus offline archive explorer).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Donnal,

what version of EV on the client and what version on the server?

David
http://www.UDStech.com

Donnal_Spence
Level 4
Server is EV5 SP5 and the client is 5.0.5

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Do you really want 12GB offline? In the v6 client you can control it so that only more recent items say younger than 6 months (or whatever) is downloaded.

Are you using archive explorer (and thus offline archive explorer).

Donnal_Spence
Level 4
This user feels that he needs everything in his vault synced. He is not using archive explorer. He uses the shortcuts provide when the mail is archived.

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
I have found that you sometimes have to blow away the user's ost and let that rebuild first. Then re-enable offline vault.

Cheers

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Give him a unicode PST file... and a DVD burner to back it up :)