cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Mailbox with 2 archive

Tonaco_pt
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi, we are moving user from Exch 2003 to exch 2010, one mailbox got stuck in the move process, so we export the mailbox to pst and remove the exchange attribute and create a new mailbox in the exchange 2010 and enable in the enterprise vault, now I have 2 archive with the same name.

How can archive to the old archive and delete the new one?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

-When the users is moved from one exchange to another ,the legacymbxdn and exchGUID changes, EV will see it as a new mailbox.

You may refer the following document 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH65019

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello Tonaco,

You can disable the mailbox manually and enable it again. When you run the enable mailbox wizard, you can select which archive you want to assign to the mailbox. Before disabling the mailbox, rename one of the archives or add a description so you can tell which one is the old one and which one is the new one in the wizard. After that, you can export any data (if you need to) from the new archive and import it in the old one.

I hope this helps.

Tonaco_pt

Trying tomorrow morning, let you know how it goes.

Tonaco_pt

I got the following message

"You cannot choose 'mailbox' because it is already the archive for mailbox 'mailbox'", how do I fix this problem is it with EPVM ZAP command?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

-When the users is moved from one exchange to another ,the legacymbxdn and exchGUID changes, EV will see it as a new mailbox.

You may refer the following document 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH65019

Tonaco_pt

Thank you.

It work.