cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening archived email in citrix, outlook 2010

hystad
Level 4

Hey. Im trying to open email in outlook 2010 on a citrix desktop. I havent installed the plugin. because i dont want to use the plugin, i only want the mail to be archived. But when i try to open the mail i get this message: Microsoft Office Outlook can't provide form scripting support. This feature is not available. For more information, contact your system administrator.

Is there anyone in the EV community that got a hotfix for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Install Outlook VB script:

msiexec /i {90140000-0011-0000-1000-0000000FF1CE} ADDLOCAL=OutlookVBScript /qb

Replace the GUID with your office installation ID.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH35595

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Install Outlook VB script:

msiexec /i {90140000-0011-0000-1000-0000000FF1CE} ADDLOCAL=OutlookVBScript /qb

Replace the GUID with your office installation ID.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH35595

hystad
Level 4

Recived error Error 2711. An internal error has occurred. 

(OutlookVMScript ) any suggestions? 

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Did you run the command I gave you with your installation GUID ? Is the server rebooted after the command ?

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Even after you fix that part.. have you created shortcuts for the archived items?  If you have, you are going to need to install the EV Client to open the shortcuts properly.  If you don't want shortcuts and just want to archive the email, change the mailbox policy to not delete archived items and not to create shortcuts.

hystad
Level 4

I want the shorcuts but i dont want to use the ev client. 

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited
What is the reason for not using the EV client ?

hystad
Level 4

Because it isnt really needed, users should have their shortcuts anyway, there shouldnt be a need to restore items from archive. But it looks like i`ll have to use the client, tried installing it on a terminal server now, works fine then.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited
You can disable the restore items from archive (and all other options) with a desktop policy, so users don't even see any icons from the EV client in the menu bar.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

How are you expecting the archived items to be accessed from the shortcut, without the EV Outlook Addin?

I'm not talking about RESTORING them, I'm talking about RETRIEVING (aka viewing)

Working for cloudficient.com

hystad
Level 4

The shortcut shows in outlook without the plugin. in owa i can access the shortcuts even. But ill look in to the policy thing.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Without an Addin installed, that's all you'll get .. the shortcut.  Depending on your configuration of shortcuts that might be no message body, a few characters, lots of character or the whole message.

That's the same for both Outlook and OWA.

If you want people to know that they have archived items, then install the Add-in.

If you then don't want them mess about with stuff, remove all the buttons via the Desktop Policy.

hystad
Level 4

How do i hide the outlook addin? What policy is it? I want to hide the entire tab

hystad
Level 4

Ive managed to hide the entire tab, i still have the same problem as before but now i get it when i try to delete the mails.

Ive installed the Enterprise Vault addin. Ive done regsvr32 vbscript and jscript and msiexec nothing seemse to work, i got the error that i showed you earlier in the tread when i tried to do the msiexec command.

It works fine when i open the mail, then i dont get the script error anymore. but when i try to delete shortcut and archive (defined in policy) then it pops up.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

My suggestion would be to reproduce the issue/solution on a local machine (outside of Citrix) first of all.  That way you know that you're seeing either something 'odd' in the Citrix world, or something 'odd' in your policies in EV.

Make sense?

hystad
Level 4

Im running it on my local machine aswell, but it works fine there. It works fine in citrix aswell now, but im just thinking about the security when vbscripts is enabled, that means if somone is smart enough they can macro somthing in word with vb and do alot of harm.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
outlvbs.dll will not help people do anything in Word as far as I know. If you are concerned about security of your Citrix sever, in relation to this DLL, the best port of call is Microsoft.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Check the comments in the first technote i gave you:

NOTE: There have been some instances reported where this did not resolve the problem. In those cases delete the OUTLVBS.DLL file from the Microsoft Office installation folder and try running the MSIEXEC command again.

hystad
Level 4

Yeah, ive fixed that problem. Works well now, im just thinking security right now. so ill take a trip to the microsoft forums

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

By the way, the solution is documented in this technote :

http://www.symantec.com/business/support//index?page=content&id=HOWTO72096