cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening attachments via OWA

James_Herbert
Level 5
Hi,

I am currently running EV6 SP2 and Exchange 2003 SP1 with the latest hotfixes applied.

I am having a problem opening attachments within archived meessages, i get the error below any ideas

"The archived item is currently unavailable.
If you choose reply or forward, only the content shown below will be included.
Click here to preview the original item. "

Once i click to preview i get a page can not be displayed with the following IIS error
HTTP Error 403.1 - Forbidden: Execute access is denied.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
On the Front End server open IIS and look at the EnterpriseVaultProxy virtual directory. Make sure Scripts Only is set in the Execute Permission on the properites page

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
James,
check to see if you get the same error from the backend srvr.

micah

James_Herbert
Level 5
Hi Micah,

It seems to be fine on the backend server any ideas why i can't see attachments on a client OWA session?

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Whelp,
If it's all good from the backend, and it breaks when you travel to the front end, then you know the problem is in your frontend (or any appliance that's sitting in front of it). The first thing I would check is to make sure your frontend server and your backend server have the same version of exchange sp's. That's usually the culprit.

micah

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
On the Front End server open IIS and look at the EnterpriseVaultProxy virtual directory. Make sure Scripts Only is set in the Execute Permission on the properites page

Jay_Rodz
Level 3
Partner
I have a server that is BE and FE itself for certain domain. I installed the BE extensions for them. They cannot see the Archive explorer even is configure in the Policy for that target and also they cannot access the attachments. The attachment is shown like a @65b in the email.

Any ideas?