Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original Journal Mailbox not deleting mail

astigtoits
Level 4

Hi Guys,

I set a journal archiving task and target a journal mailbox,

First it archive some email but then stop and i notice that it did not delete any mail from the original mailbox.

May be I forgot something to set. Hope you could help me.

Thank in Advance.

Regards, Ton Lachica

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Ton,

Which EV Version? Is the task running? Is the task in report mode? Is the Vault Store in backup mode? Do you see activity in MSMQ? Do you see activity in Storage Queue (properties of Storage Service in console)? If you open the Journal Mailbox, do you see items going from message to 'pending archiving'? Any events in the EV Eventlog indicating an issue?

Regards. Gertjan

Hi GertjanA,

Thank you always for your help.

EV 12

JournaL Task Running and in normal mode

Vault store are not set in Backup mode

Yes I see Activity in MSMQ

I'm seeing pending archive 

I'm trying to delete now to Journal Mailbox and will try to create new partition and re-enable jornal archiving

Will let you know if still the same as the deletion taking too much time.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Ton,

I suggest to do the following:

Create a new Journal Mailbox in Exchange. Add that to EV. Create a new archive, and a new task. Have the new Journal Mailbox archived by the new task. change your Journaling in Exchange to use the new Journal Mailbox. deleting a Journal Mailbox will possibly result in dataloss.

Then concentrate on the old Journal Mailbox/not archiving. You say you see items going into Pending, do they disappear? If not, there might be an issue with configuration of ev. On the partition used, what is your backup setting? archive attribute or triggerfile? if using attribute, is your backup solution changing the archive attribute? if using triggerfile, is that new created after backup runs (correct date/time?) if using either, do you set/clear backupmode on the vault store?

Regards. Gertjan