Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outllok event id 29 in EV 9.0

Vlad2010
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi!

Could you please let me know what event id 29 means

The Store D:\EV Cache\VCBuilds\1BADA40BB94E8FA40B5CC55B9DE7953EC1p10000Vault.tmp is being re-pushed to the indexer for the following reason: Newly Created store.

When those events appear, Indexes grow fast and filling drive.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Vault Cache builds the DB files (Content Cache) on the Enterprise Vault Server itself.
The DB files are actually PST files (for instance if you were to go to your Vault Cache location on your machine and rename the DB to PST, you could open that up within outlook)

In Enterprise Vault 2007 and earlier, with Offline Vault it would build the PST locally on the desktop and download each message individually and add them to the DB files, however since Enterprise Vault 8 and the introduction of Vault Cache, performance is improved by having the server build them locally and let the end users client download 1 larger DB/PST file.

The dates that you may have seen relate to the time frame for the items that are contained with in the DB file, so for instance i have one that is named 2008_07_09_010.db, this doesn't indicate the date it was created, instead it indicates the earliest sent/received date of any item in that pst.

My next DB file is 2008_10_12_009.db....
So I can assume that 2008_07_08_010.db has items stretching from 8th July 2008 through to 11th October 2008

Any time a PST file is built programatically, the indexer will pick it up and scan the items. you will also notice on the end users machines they will also see the same message when the DB is attached.

For instance this was logged on my machine earlier.

The store C:\Documents and Settings\myUser\Local Settings\Application Data\KVS\Enterprise Vault\D8518715CBB79B438D66EBE9CC1BF21C\2010_10_10_0012.db is being re-pushed to the indexer for the following reason: Newly created store.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

JesusWept3
Level 6
That's vault cache building it's pst files ready for the client to download, if you want to get rid of that message you'd have to disable VC altogether

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Is this being logged on the Enterprise Vault server?

What Operating System is installed?

What version of Outlook is installed?

Working for cloudficient.com

JesusWept3
Level 6
It's normal behavior though

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

There might be ways and means of preventing this JW2... so if you've seen it, what OS, what version of Outlook etc.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Outlook 2007 and windows 2008 See it when VC runs, when I do ev pst exports with redemption and with DA exports It's not related to ev but to outlook anytime a new store is connected It's a Microsoft issue

Vlad2010
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi!

OS is windows 2008 , Outlook 207.

When I see dates on PST files some it 3 months old. I little do not understand how PST files interact with vault cache.

vault cache builds to allow users to access to archived emails witout connected to network.

we run PST migration tasks and it has to be injected to user mailbox.

Thank you

Vlad2010
Level 4
Partner Accredited

My apology. Messed up with another issue. VCbuild is temp location to build Vc and send it to users.

I am worry that oldest date is Nov 19, 2010. Perhaps is any solution to speed up this process?

Thank you 

JesusWept3
Level 6

Vault Cache builds the DB files (Content Cache) on the Enterprise Vault Server itself.
The DB files are actually PST files (for instance if you were to go to your Vault Cache location on your machine and rename the DB to PST, you could open that up within outlook)

In Enterprise Vault 2007 and earlier, with Offline Vault it would build the PST locally on the desktop and download each message individually and add them to the DB files, however since Enterprise Vault 8 and the introduction of Vault Cache, performance is improved by having the server build them locally and let the end users client download 1 larger DB/PST file.

The dates that you may have seen relate to the time frame for the items that are contained with in the DB file, so for instance i have one that is named 2008_07_09_010.db, this doesn't indicate the date it was created, instead it indicates the earliest sent/received date of any item in that pst.

My next DB file is 2008_10_12_009.db....
So I can assume that 2008_07_08_010.db has items stretching from 8th July 2008 through to 11th October 2008

Any time a PST file is built programatically, the indexer will pick it up and scan the items. you will also notice on the end users machines they will also see the same message when the DB is attached.

For instance this was logged on my machine earlier.

The store C:\Documents and Settings\myUser\Local Settings\Application Data\KVS\Enterprise Vault\D8518715CBB79B438D66EBE9CC1BF21C\2010_10_10_0012.db is being re-pushed to the indexer for the following reason: Newly created store.

JesusWept3
Level 6

oh and also if you are seeing a modified date of that time, it could be that the user is yet to finish downloading the PST file, you should be able to see in the EnterpriseVaultDirectorys AdminJob table as to whether any Vault Cache builds are waiting to resume

Vlad2010
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you very much for your help!!!

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

This might help..

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH128684

You can prevent Outlook / WDS / Instant Search from touching PSTs...  It's an issue I worked on a while ago, and it's not a very nice one !

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Rob,

Following the link to your technote, it is generic.

I am running EV80SP4 on a Windows 2008 R2 server.

The key where the entries are created (\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Catalog) exists and did have numerous entries.

However, the key to prevent the entries for being created is not existing:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search\Preferences\PreventIndexingOutlook

Under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows, there is no Windows Search

Under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\, there is a Windows Search, having \Capabilities and ProtocolHandlers as subfolders

(same under HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows)

Do I need to create the key manually?

(i.e. adding \Windows Search\Preferences\PreventIndexingOutlook underneath HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows)

I tried researching MS-site, but could not find related information.

Regards. Gertjan

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I believe you have to create them, but I don't have a Windows 2008 system to check it out on.

They're documented on Microsoft's website - they're undocumented keys.

I can try to have a look in the morning, but I'd advise you to test on a lab environment.  If you've got the key correct, when you open a number of PSTs in Outlook, on the Enterprise Vault server, then you won't get new entries added under the registry key I mentioned first.