cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2010 Quick Access Buttons for Enterprise Vault

tom_godon
Level 2

I have a user that we need to move messages from the vault back into his mailbox. On my workstation I have all the quick access toolbar buttons available. On his computer the only one available is the Search Vaults. I tried to add the additional buttons in his Outlook but they are not even listed there to add them to the toolbar. I removed the EV client v9 for Outlook 2010 and reinstalled it but still cannot add the needed buttons.

7 REPLIES 7

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Sounds like the users mailbox is disabled from EV archiving.

The result of that is that after the next mailbox synchronisation run from EV, the buttons will disappear, and they'll be left with the search button.

Working for cloudficient.com

tom_godon
Level 2

I checked and his mailbox is enabled for archiving. I also checked several other users and they do not display the buttons either. It sees like mine is the only one that is working????

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

if all you need to do is move items from the archive back into the mailbox you can do it via the EV admin console. (right click on archives, export)

tom_godon
Level 2

There are only certain messages that he needs. His total archive is 25GB, I don't want to bring all of that back into Exchange if I can help it.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

what about using Archive Explorer or the Search page?

tom_godon
Level 2

Could this be a rights issue in EV? So far I have checked 10 other machines and I am the only one that has the additional buttons available.

PRADiiP
Level 4

Find out what Desktop policy is applied to them

Expand Site ==> Targets ==> Right click on Exchange ==> Display policies assigned to Mailboxes ==> Type the user name and select the Exchange Server name where users mailbox is sitting

make a note of the desktop policy applied to the user

then

Go to the properties of that desktop policy and click on the Option and verify if you have enabled all the Toolbar's