cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2010 hangs when we try to manually archive email

Rajesh_Tiwari
Level 2

Hi There,

if we manually archive one or two emails archiving works fine. but as soon as i hit the third email after 2 email is archived , outlook hangs. we have to close outlook and launch it again. getting event ID 2000.

"Outlook experienced a serious problem with the 'enterprise vault add-in' add-in. If you have seen this message multiple times, you should disable this add-in and check to see if an update is available. Do you want to disable this add-in?"

Any suggesting what can be done? users mailbox size is 1.5GB. we uninstalled OL and reinstalled it . same we did for EV addins.

4 REPLIES 4

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Rajesh,

Do you have any other add-ins installed in the OL client? Have you tried disabling all the OL add-ins but the EV add-in? Can you enable EV client logging so we can review the log? Also, what's the EV add-in/server version and OL version?

Rajesh_Tiwari
Level 2

No other Addins installed. We uninstalled and reinstalled OL and EV addins. server version is 9.0.2.1061, Enterprise Vault Client 10.0.1.1171 , OL - Microsoft Outlook 2010, 32-bit (14.0.0.7113), OS - Windows7.

I must mention when we created a new OL profile for this user , we found his .ost file size went to 7.5GB. his actual mailbox size is 1.7GB.

error i see in client log is - GetIDsOfNames("MessageClass") failed, error 80020006

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Rajesh,

Have you consided intalling an older service pack addin, likeEV10SP4 for example?

--Virgil

MMcCr
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

I have seen the Outlook plugin hang on start up of Outlook 2010 and this issue was resolved in 10.0.4 client, is there any other outlook add-in installed (like SAS etc?) If so try it with those disabled.

As mentioned above, if possible try with 10.0.4 add-in.