cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Add-In Script Error

Elio_C
Level 6

Hi,

A small number of my users get the below when launching EVS from the Outlook Add-in.

The specific users are Win7 64-bit, Outlook 2013 32-bit, latest IE11 and .net 4.6.1. I am unable to replicate on test PCs with the same setup.

Any thoughts on how to fix/troubleshoot?

Script_Error.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Elio_C
Level 6

This looks to be related to the specific PCs not getting our corporate IE policies.

Adding an IE User Agent string as below, while not ideal, resolves the issue.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent]
@="Mozilla/5.0"
"Compatible"="compatible"
"Version"="MSIE 11.0"
"Platform"="Windows NT 6.1"

Applying the corporate IE policy is not an option and identifying the specific policies had to take a back seat as we have a "limited" support agreement with the specific users.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

Check if your EV-Server is in the trusted sites.

also try open "evservername"/EnterpriseVault/search 

and see whats happening at users side.

Recheck IE versions...just to be sure

Elio_C
Level 6

Thanks CConsult.

I'll need to check the IE trusted sites.

Opening the link directly in IE works fine and they all have IE11.

What kind of things can or should I check user side?

Elio_C
Level 6

I've confirmed the EV server domains/sites are correctly in IE trusted sites list.

Elio_C
Level 6

This looks to be related to the specific PCs not getting our corporate IE policies.

Adding an IE User Agent string as below, while not ideal, resolves the issue.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent]
@="Mozilla/5.0"
"Compatible"="compatible"
"Version"="MSIE 11.0"
"Platform"="Windows NT 6.1"

Applying the corporate IE policy is not an option and identifying the specific policies had to take a back seat as we have a "limited" support agreement with the specific users.

vmds
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

is there any other solution? We have this error on 3 different EV sites (EV11 CHF3, EV11 CHF4 and EV12) with different OS and Office Version (W7, W8, W10, Office 2010 and 2013).

Deleting and recreating the User Profil helps, but thats not a real solution considering the mass of users. 

What I have read is, that this error is caused by the addin not recognizing the IE11 correctly, hence deactivating java script. 

There is an old (2013) hotfix, which patches the browser definition files for asp.net to recognize IE11. All Clients have the latest patches installed, so this cant be the cause.

Any ideas?