cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Add-in Problem

pele
Level 3
Hi all,

We've got a problem to get working the Outlook Add-In on our clients. We're using Exchange 2007 and EV7.5.
In Outlook under Tools/Trust Center/Add-Ins I can see that the Enterprise Vault Add-in is enabled but i don't see any toolbar or menubar.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Greets,
Pele

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Pele,
I am sure there is a solution to your problem but if you have done all you can think to do it is probably best to contact support so they can assist you.  The forum post have provided the obvious things but we are limited to post for communication.  Support can, if necessary, webex in and take a look at your environment.

Regards,
Tony

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

TonySterling
You could try the ResetEVClient utility on the affected users machine.

1. Close Outlook.

2. Go to Start à Run.

3. Enter “cmd” and press enter (without the “quotes”)

4. Type in “cd C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\EVClient\” (without the “quotes”)

5. Type in “ResetEVClient.exe” (without the “quotes”)

6. Type in “exit” (without the “quotes”).

7. Open Outlook back up.

What version of Outlook is it?  Does this happen for all users are just a few?

Message Edited by Tony Sterling on 10-04-2007 07:06 AM

pele
Level 3
Hi Tony,

Thanks for your answer, but I've already tryed this with no result.

Greets,
Pele

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

is the mailbox you are logging into actually enabled for archiving?

pele
Level 3
I think so..

On the Admin console (Enterprise Vault\Directory on [myServer]\ev1\Archives\Exchange Mailbox\) I see some Mailboxes with status Available...

TonySterling

Tony Sterling wrote:
What version of Outlook is it?  Does this happen for all users are just a few?

Message Edited by Tony Sterling on 10-04-2007 07:06 AM

What version or versions of OL?  Is it all users?

pele
Level 3
I've tryed on 2 Outlook 2007 and 1 Outlook 2003 always with the same result...

TonySterling
Have you configured the Exchange Mailbox policy to show those buttons?  Does it work for anyone?

pele
Level 3
The Propertie "Archive Explorer button visible" for the Default Mailbox Policy is set to "Show both". Is there other Settings that have to be enabled?
Because I'm "preparing" the software, I've only installed the add-ins on my notebook an 2 test pc's...

pele
Level 3
It is realy possible that thers's no solution to my problem? Does no one ever had same problems?

TonySterling
Pele,
I am sure there is a solution to your problem but if you have done all you can think to do it is probably best to contact support so they can assist you.  The forum post have provided the obvious things but we are limited to post for communication.  Support can, if necessary, webex in and take a look at your environment.

Regards,
Tony

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Pele

Any solution to this?
My best guess would be that the User is not enabled for archiving...

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
If this message is still monitored.

Has EVPM ever been used?

Jim S.

pele
Level 3
Hi Jim

I'm still monitoring this thread,but we don't realy do already evaluate enterprise vault.
Can you please explain what's EVPM?

Thanks
Pele

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
EVPM (Enterprise Vault Policy Manager)

This is a command line tool for setting policies on mailboxes. For example, the tool has the ability to create a folder in one, a group, or all users mailboxes and archive that folder only. You can also set polices on other folders such as deleted items.

You may want to set a group a people with specific setting using EVPM and have the other users inherit the policy setting from the EV console. This was used by many customers because the EV 6.0 version would only allow you to set archive policies at the OU and Exchange Org levels.

With 7.0 and above you can specify the policy targets as single user, AD group, AD LDAP query, Whole Exchange Org, and OU. (I may have forgotten one).

Anyway here is why I am telling you this. There is a setting in the EVPM script named "Overridearchivelocks" that will not let the EV GUI policy update the user hidden message if it has been used. If you have never used this tool then EVPM is not the culprit.  I posted a tech solution below so you are aware. If you did use EVPM then I would have you ZAP the mailbox which would delete the hidden message in Exchange then you could re-enable the mailbox and the GUI policy would take effect. I posted the ZAP below.

One more thing there is a tool named Outlook SPY (There are others) that you can use to view hidden messages and other information in the mailbox on the Exchange server. You can use it for approx 30 days free.

Did you ever get the buttons display on any of the clients?

Changes made by a user via Outlook to the Enterprise Vault (EV) Settings on a folder within their mailbox are ignored.

How to remove Enterprise Vault (EV) properties from vault enabled mailboxes

Jim S.

Martin_Steiner
Level 2
Hi Pele,

we have the same Problem with Outlook 2007 if we use RPC over HTTPS.

Try to disable the Setting: "Connect to Microsoft Exchange over HTTP" in the Outlook Account Options.

Restart Outlook and show the Icons.

This is not a soluton but maybe a Step into the right direction. 
There is bound to be a Member to help for the next Steps.

greetings
martin

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Pele

Could you please verify if the User is really enabled for archiving?
In the Admin Console, go to you Site, then click "Tools" -> "Enable Mailboxes", Confirm that you can't see the User in "New mailboxes only" and in "Disables mailboxes only".

If he really is enabled, try not to use Exchange Cached Mode and see what happens there.

Oh, and is this working for other Users?

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
So if you are using RPC over HTTP, do you have your Exchange Mailbox Policy configured to disable user extensions for "RPC over HTTP restrictions"?