cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Addin Not Enabling

jwisniewski
Level 3

I have a user on one computer that has an issue with the EV11 Outlook addin (CU1) enabling properly.  He is enabled for EV, can access the web interface just fine, and can access his vault store and see the EV ribbon in Outlook 2010 on another computer.  However on his primary machine it will not enable.  If we manually enable it, the addin immediately disables.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the client and done a reset.  If I update the LoadBehavior registry key in the HKCU to 3 it stays like that until the next time Outlook opens, when it changes back to 2.

There are no logs to see in the Appdata\Local\Temp folder for EV, nothing in the Windows logs, the Outlook log shows lots of addins loading, except that one.  

Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Can you check the following?
Go to File -> Options -> Add-Ins -> Manage COM Addins -> Select "Enterprise Vault Add-In"
Does it say under load behavior "Load At Startup"?

It could be something as simple as its detected Outlook Anywhere in use and your Desktop Policy's "RPC over HTTP Restrictions" are set to disable the client, if you set it to None, sync the mailbox and restart outlook, you should then seethe client being loaded.

It could also be that you need to delete the "Resiliency" registry setting because EV Can't remove itself from the list due to administrative privilege issues etc

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

jwisniewski
Level 3

The behavior is set to Load At Startup, the box is unchecked.  If I check it and restart Outlook, it unchecks itself.  

We use Outlook Anywhere exclusively since this is Exchange 2013, but the policy has been modified to allow the addin to run.

Can you elaborate on the third point?