Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Addin error when using Vault Explorer when not on network

Jim_Hellewell
Level 4
Partner

Hello,

My environment is EV 10.0.4 CHF4 at the server end, and for the clients, a mixture of Windows 7 and Windows 8 (on HP elitepad tablets). On the WIndows 8 elitepad the version of office is 2013, on the Windows 7 laptops, the version of office is 2010.

I have two errors which are:-

1) When either the Windows 7 Laptop or the Windows 8 Elitepad is not on the network, and the user clicks on Archive Explorer, the following pop up message appears

"Internet Explorer may be blocking 'Symantec Enterprise vault Outlook addin'. If there is a security prompt from Internet Explorer, click the Information Bar at the top of the screen to allow the add-on to run"

Note that if the user clicks on Search Archive, a message pops up saying "the command is not available when you are working offline" .... so why isn't this the same for the Archive Explorer??

2) When on the Windows 8 elitepad, when I uninstall the outlook addin from Control panel, it leaves a remnant of the Virtual Vault in Outlook,. If the user tries to go into the vault, an error occurs with the following message:

"The set of folders cannot be opened. An unexpected error has occured. MAPI was unable to load the information service c:\program files\enterprise vault\EVclient\EVMSP.dll"

If I then right click the vault remnant and select close, it removes it from Outlook.

Any help would be appreciated

regards

Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

For the first one, there is an offline version of Archive Explorer, but no offline version of the search page, for offline searching they should use Windows Desktop Search for a full cache search or Outlook Instant Search for the metadata stored in the MDC file

For the uninstall issue, maybe worth opening a case with symantec as I have not seen that issue because its not uninstalling itself correctly, it should be removing the VV from the pane and taking its entries out of the mapisvc.inf

Just as a matter of interest, if you uninstall doing a Run As Administrator, does that completely uninstall it?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

For the first one, there is an offline version of Archive Explorer, but no offline version of the search page, for offline searching they should use Windows Desktop Search for a full cache search or Outlook Instant Search for the metadata stored in the MDC file

For the uninstall issue, maybe worth opening a case with symantec as I have not seen that issue because its not uninstalling itself correctly, it should be removing the VV from the pane and taking its entries out of the mapisvc.inf

Just as a matter of interest, if you uninstall doing a Run As Administrator, does that completely uninstall it?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Jim_Hellewell
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

. How can I get/install the offlinbe version of Archive Explorer ?

I did the uninstall from control panel / programs, I will try Run as Administrator to see if that makes any difference.

OK thanks, raising a case with Symantec maybe the way to go

regards