cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Anywhere - EV11.01.CHF3 - strange issue

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

I have a strange issue, I am not sure how to tackle.

We have Exchange 2010, and an empty Exchange 2013 environment (mailboxes to be moved next year). EV targets Exchange 2010. Recently Outlook Anywhere has been configured. OA uses the  Ex213 servers. The proxyserver is: oa.cnlp.region.domain.com

Some users report they cannot retrieve items, EVS does not work etc. The error they get is "webserver is available but not properly configured for Enterprise Vault".

An initial check showed that the users having the problem are having this in the Testing connection:

HTTP connection failed   https://oa.cnlp.region.domain.com/enterprisevaultproxy (Status: 0x10)

I (for who it does work) have

HTTP connection OK      http://evalias001.region.domain.com/EnterpriseVault (Status: 0x12)

I verified in the desktop policy that the RPC related settings are ok. they are:

RPC over HTPP connection = use proxy, Proxy URL = empty, Restrictions = None.

Should I configure EV for the anonymous connections (like you do with OWA), or could this be something else?

Thanks!

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

what if you set the Proxy URL to evalias001... ?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

what if you set the Proxy URL to evalias001... ?

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Good point.

What happened was the following. The users affected by this were connecting to the domain using VPN.

The certificate used was changed to a new one. There is a check on hash key, which was not updated somewhere else. The check failed. This means that users can connect to the domain, use Outlook, but they did not get access to DNS (for whatever reason). Becuase the client cannot resolve the alias, it falls back to use ..\EnterpriseVaultProxy

I've set the desktop policy RPC over HTPP connection = use proxy to Direct, synced his mailbox, then asked to test again. That worked. In the meantime, the certificate issue was resolved. the other user reconnected, tested, then it worked.

As usual, it was not EV being the issue, but environmental :)

I'll investigate setting that proxy to the alias, to see if that can prevent issues in the future.

Regards. Gertjan