cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Crashes

Paul_Daley
Level 5
Hi,

Has anyone else seen this... when trying to copy a calander item between two calanders (in different mailboxes) Outlook crashes with a C++ runtime error? (The items are not archived.)

This only happens when the EV add-in is enabled!

We're using EV v5 SP5 and I've seen this happen now on both Outlook 2002 and 2003 (with various service pack levels).

Cheers,

Paul.
8 REPLIES 8

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Never seen that before. Check the Exchange server(s) for ExCDO errors in the Event Logs.

Are they standard calendar items (ie no recurrence)? Do they have reminders set?

What are you EV settings for archiving Calendars?

Are the users offline?

Paul_Daley
Level 5
Theres nothing in the Exchange server event logs.
They are single calendar events with no recurrence and no reminder, and EV is not set to archive them.
This occurs with the user online.

Strange...

Paul_Daley
Level 5
When Outlook crashes I get the error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\office11\outlook.exe
abnormal program termination

This looks like a conflict between Outlook and the EV client. I've also reproduced this on three different machines, so its not installation specific...

David_Messeng1
Level 6
How do you open the second Calendar? As a secondary mailbox in the profile or with File - Open - Other Users Folder?

Is permsiion delegated to you on the 2nd mailbox via Outlook or set on the Exchange server?

If you let me know I can see if it happens to me.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

I just tried that on a client of mine and it happened as well!
Have you tried v6 client, maybe they fixed it in that.

David_Messeng1
Level 6
I bet they didn't. I've never known a product like it for relying on it's customers to do the testing...

Paul_Daley
Level 5
I've been using the "open other users folder" option in Outlook 2002.

Permission on the second mailbox is set on Exchange.

Glad to hear from Dodo that its not just me!

v6 does not seem to be available for download yet, so I haven't tried it. Is it an easy / straight forward upgrade?

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Just tried it on v6. Guess what? It crashes Outlook.exe!! Everything is fine without the EV client installed...

Paul, I do believe you have found a bug. Well done ;)

Have you rung it in to Symantec yet?

David
http://messy.bravehost.com/