cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Shared Search Mailbox Vault

Tonaco_pt
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi All,

I just upgrade to Enterprise Vault 11.0.1 CHF5 from EV 10.0.4 CHF 4.

All user are using the legacy "Search Archives" and  "Archives Explorer" application.

I'm testing in a Lab the Enterprise Vault Search (EVS). I come across a issue that my prevent us from change to EVS.

The scenario is:

All user have a personal mailbox access by Outlook, is archive with EV

All team have a Shared mailbox access by OWA is also archive by EV.

PS: All itens with more then 3 month are archive and all shortcut with 12 month are deleted.

With EVS when you open a archive message this is downloaded.

If it was a message from a shared mailbox, and you try to reply/forward the default FROM is user that is configure in the outlook. In Explorer Archive Or Search Archive the Reply/forward this message are send from mailbox box that is open. (OWA). The shared mailbox are not configure in outlook.

How change I change the behavior of download/open archived Item in EVS so I can use EVS for only access OWA mailbox

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Indeed, I verified and this is by design. I believe these are the options you have:
1. Have Outlook installed/ configured so that when you open the items via search it opens in Outlook and you have the option to reply/forward
2. Restore the item back first, then it will be archived again as per the policy
3. Leave shortcuts for this category of users - with shortcuts you can open from an item from OWA in a new tab and reply without the need for Outlook to be installed on the machine
--Virgil

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

VirgilDobos

Hi mate,

I'm afraid this is not possible. Once you enable the new EV Search, it will replace old Search/AE and it will be available in both Outlook and OWA. By the way, once you upgrade to EV 12, the new EV Search will be enabled automatically.

--Virgil

Tonaco_pt

I have not upgrade the search. I use this 

I can not use just Owa with da EV Search to reply archive message. 

PS: The user can not delete archive items, this is a policy request by management.

Tonaco_pt

I know, the users have to restore the item to the mailbox and then forward or reply the message

VirgilDobos
Hi Tonaco, it's a bit confusion. Can you clarify what you are trying to achieve and what the issue is?
--Virgil

Tonaco_pt

Let simplify the problem:

Using enterprise vault search 11.

If we don't use Outlook, only OWA. How can we reply to archive message (No shortcut)?

PS: User don't have permission to delete archive message

VirgilDobos
Within the search window, try right clicking the item, then select open in new window/tab and reply from there. It should work.
--Virgil

Tonaco_pt

Hi Virgil,

I don't have the reply or forward buttons, I just have a preview.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

ATEVsearch.png

VirgilDobos
Indeed, I verified and this is by design. I believe these are the options you have:
1. Have Outlook installed/ configured so that when you open the items via search it opens in Outlook and you have the option to reply/forward
2. Restore the item back first, then it will be archived again as per the policy
3. Leave shortcuts for this category of users - with shortcuts you can open from an item from OWA in a new tab and reply without the need for Outlook to be installed on the machine
--Virgil