cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Unable to retrieve archived attachments

pabbinedi
Level 4

Hi Friends

We have an issue where multiple users compalined they were unable to retrive the attachments from the archived emai and when they restore the archive email they were able to open the attachments, can someone please direct me to correct way to resolve the issue. I've checked the logs on Enterprise vault server and there are no errors reported. Is there anything that i need to check on message classes?

5 REPLIES 5

haeussler
Level 4
Hello pabbinedi,

this issue is already know. Please see the following technote: 

Email retrieval fails after installing Security Patch for Outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000127958

Yeah ..none of the patches were installed..But the issue is only happening when they are trying open the attachements which are in archived email.

Do you see the following in the archived mail?
"The item has archived by Enterprise vault. Click here to view the original link"
Can you open the attachments in the ev search?

Hi,

Exactly i am getting same error ""The item has archived by Enterprise vault. Click here to view the original link"

Yes, i can view the attachment EV search

I would advise you to test the workaround on one client you are facing this problem. The Outlook Patches not always shown in updatehistory. You can also check your wsus regarding this KB numbers. I guess at the moment the MS Updates are the only reason this happens.