cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook add-Ins (EV icons) not appeared

Sridhar
Level 3
Hi --

I have Outlook 2007 with SP1 and i have installed EV Client (2007 SP2)

The EV forms not appeared and i am not able to open archived mails

When i open the Outlook im getting following erroe message.

The Add-in "Enterprise Vault" (C:\program files\Enterprise Vault\EV Client\valkyrie.dll) cannt be loaded and has been disabled by outlook. Please contact Add-in manufacturer for an update. if no update is avaliable , please unistall add-in.

Regards,
Sridhar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
hang on a minute
its not an issue, your standard button list shows Search Vaults, Archive Explorer and Synchronize Vault Cache as buttons that cannot be deselected
and at the top you can see all those buttons next to the help button

if buttons arent showing, its purely policy at this time, or your outlook is offline
you can also try and do a scanost.exe if you think the hidden message isnt being updated
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
http://support.veritas.com/docs/293258

You can run the ResetEVClient Utility

Details:
ResetEVClient.exe enables administrators to perform a number of housekeeping tasks in an attempt to fix common problems with the Enterprise Vault add-in to Microsoft Outlook. This utility is included on the user's workstation when the client extensions are installed (\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\EVClient). The ResetEVClient utility was introduced with the release of Enterprise Vault 7.0.

Various Tasks performed by ResetEVClient:
- Deletes Outlook cache files (extend.dat, outcmd.dat and frmcache.dat)
- Re-register Valkyrie.dll
- Deletes Temporary Internet files

How to run ResetEVClient.exe
1. Close out of Outlook
2. Double-click on ResetEVClient.exe in \Enterprise Vault\EVClient.
3. Restart Outlook

Common Client Problems resolved by ResetEVClient (but not limited):
- No Enterprise Vault toolbar icons in Outlook
- Enterprise Vault forms not showing in Outlook
- Archive Explorer is not showing the folder structure correctly

Sridhar
Level 3
Hi --

Thanks!

ResetEVClient.exe performs well  all task as you mentioned but still the issue persists...

gfisher99
Level 3
If you have Exchange System Manager installed on this computer, uninstall it and run fixmapi.exe from the command prompt.

This should fix your issue.

Greg

Matthew_Kimler
Level 5
This problem still exists in 8.0 SP3 with Outlook 2007 on Windows 7. The Outlook add-in client hides half of the buttons and the EVreset and complete re-installation does not seem to fix it.

I have included a nice screenshot. Considering that as an EV administrator AND an Exchange administrator, Symantec needs to get both to play nice on the same system.

Icons

Thanks!

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Matthew,

Your issue seems to be different that the text of this post.  I gather from your screenshot that you are talking about the that actual toolbar itself and the arrangement of the buttons??

As always, instead of resurrecting a post from 2 years ago it would be better to start a new thread and link to the old one if necessary.  That way if someone solves your issue you can mark it as solved and reward their efforts.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Thats not EV's fault, thats outlook, your tool bar can only hold so many buttons, and dependent on your resolution some might get pushed off
would happen to any tool bar, not just EV

Matthew_Kimler
Level 5
I will create a new forum post. I thought this was the same issue but re-reading it is not the case.

However, the number of icons on the toolbar is not hte issue. If I remove some of the button to free up space, it's still a problem. I'm going to try a repair of Outlook and re-install if necessary. I will post a new topic if that doesn't seem to do it.

JesusWept3
Level 6
hang on a minute
its not an issue, your standard button list shows Search Vaults, Archive Explorer and Synchronize Vault Cache as buttons that cannot be deselected
and at the top you can see all those buttons next to the help button

if buttons arent showing, its purely policy at this time, or your outlook is offline
you can also try and do a scanost.exe if you think the hidden message isnt being updated

Ameen
Level 6

Hi,

I had similer issue when i upgraded the clients from version 6 to 7, my EV client was installed in another location since the packaging team had installed the same in another location.

I had applied 2 solution,

1. Recreate the Windows profile.
2. Remove the client and installed the same in the location where the earlier client installed.

Regards,
Ameen.